Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i asked and its $100 shipped for the box disassembled. that gives me the option of adding a port and making it for my 13w6 instead of their options of 2-10s or 2-12s

so... has anyone added a port to this box? where is the port firing to, and what type? if you're responding please list off the details and pictures if you can. figured id ask here before i hop on caraudio and have one of their box builders figure this out for me. ive only dealt with L port boxes which are nice and simple.

kind of want to have the port firing into the rear deck... kind of want it firing through the back seat arm rest. who knows

·
Registered
227 Posts
Bump did anyone have an answer to this? I plan on trying to do the same thing.
I want to do an external port going up through the rear deck. Same subwoofer too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not really.....but I did have them build a ported box for my hybrid audio i10sw subs. Good work great price. Dimensions are similar to the sealed setup

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
If you are not aware of it, there's a lot more to it then just adding a port and worrying where to put to it. Box volumes required for ported enclosures are generally larger then seal enclosures. A small box ends up with a higher tuned frequency. Not that box is right or wrong for either type.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you are not aware of it, there's a lot more to it then just adding a port and worrying where to put to it. Box volumes required for ported enclosures are generally larger then seal enclosures. A small box ends up with a higher tuned frequency. Not that box is right or wrong for either type.
Yes. I am aware, my homework was done. I had a design drawn up to the ported specs of the i10sw's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts