Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Pretty Ugly and pretty apt to stay that way. :smile2:

Really dont like the look but would be curious as well to see how they handled the interior of that mod.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Looks to me like all they did was cover over the original glass. See the black outline near the top of the window that shows the original angle of the glass? That is what makes me think the original window is under there.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
If that had been the way they looked coming from the factory I would rather have had the Corvair next to it. But to each their own.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
2,915 Posts

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Not an option. Just one of those crappy and expensive dealer add ons. Very common on the east coast. A fiberglass shell, screwed into the roof, covered with vinyl, and a couple of Gs added on to your new car invoice. More common on Caddys, but also seen on Lincolns, Camrys, etc. Go to any mall parking lot on the weekend from Florida to Maine and you'll see cars that have been ruined like this.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should of took a pic of the inside, but it looks like where the original headliner ended, they just made a additional piece somewhat like the side interior Velcro interior C panels on the Roadmaster sedans. Next time I am over there Ill take a pic.
I thought it was a aftermarket mod by a dealer.

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Tasteless mod. Executed poorly. = Priceless

Good catch there Kent.

Hey next time you're out I'll gladly give you good finder's fee if you snag a left headlight for my FWB.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Bob,
I found this yesterday, you have a smart phone yet? I could text you some pics. It is just like your car, 1996 with a sunroof with very nice interior. If someone need a engine, this is the one to buy cheap.
I was going to grab the headlight, but it is broke. Car part is nice, but a headlight around here at the one of the many pick and pulls cost around $15.00

Attachments

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Hey Bob,
....I found this yesterday, you have a smart phone yet?
Hahaha yah but don't think for a minute that I didn't keep the flipphone for reliable backup. I got a 'not the most expensive' that's even IC-68 spec and already passed a water test. In a toilet. That hole is "slightly" larger than mine by about 800x.

Since Tom L. got my old FWB I'll see if he needs anything blue from the interior.

.... a left headlight..
Can't remember where you left it Bob? :grin2: Does this help you? Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Mark: Snowman-33[/QUOTE]

A-hem. Now you you do realize it was another Mark (from Florida, MO) who said puns are the lowest form of humor. :razzes:: On that link, they're quite humorously priced.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Yeah Bob, I sort of got sticker shock on those too. I looked on evilbay and saw more of the same. Looked on local craigslist too. If I see one I'll try to snag it for you, if you want. BTW I think if I apply myself and work hard I can become a ....Pundit. :wink2:

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Tasteless mod. Executed poorly. = Priceless

Good catch there Kent.

Hey next time you're out I'll gladly give you good finder's fee if you snag a left headlight for my FWB.
Reminds me of the rear window "plugs" they used to put on the old MOPARS. Except much more ghetto.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts