Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I'm asking is that I have a couple of pairs of KYB gas-a-just shocks from many VW projects in the past. Obviously the caprice weighs in a bunch more than any VW but when you put those KYB's on a bus or bug the suspension gets really stiff. If nobody has input I may slip a pair on to see if it'll do anything at all for a lowbuck mod. Thanks, NAES

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They are cheap, work decent, but don't last for long (figure 15-20K miles tops).

If you want to essentially buy shocks on the payment plan (i.e. buy them now, then buy them again in a year or 2) then they are one way to go.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ed,
I put Bilstein's on my Caprice approximately two years - twenty five thousand miles ago.
What's your opinion on their productive lifespan?
Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NAES, I used to use KYBs on my VW's too. they were great for a bug, but when I tried them on the Beasst, I was immediately disappointed, and it got worse from there.

I think they must use the same parts inside, regardless of how heavy the car is. I changed them to Bilsteins within 6 mo. of having them put on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.