1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
No 1st hand with that cover, though it looks nice. But 20+ years with the garage queen and plenty of experience with the other stuff. I read rodents get physically nervous with any change at all in their settings. So, a combination of mouse traps (one always under the PS firewall) and start it and move it a little each month keeps the mice out. For dust I've used the CCCC inside cover since new that's in that pic. Humidity pretty low this area in the winter. Wet as hell during the summer though lol

I bought a case of fold-up sticky traps for spiders and will be trying a couple of them flat as an experiment in the garage.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
They look like they would be great for moisture or dust, but I think a rodent would be through them in about 5 minutes. To maximize the anti moisture capabilities, some desiccant in the enclosure would be helpful.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They look like they would be great for moisture or dust, but I think a rodent would be through them in about 5 minutes. To maximize the anti moisture capabilities, some desiccant in the enclosure would be helpful.
Yeah, and perhaps some mothballs laid around the outside. I may grab one of these to try. I'll wait to see if they have a black Friday deal.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Some rat/mouse poison sprinkled around the perimeter would deter the rodents.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
I have the car capsule that my car has been in since its been painted. Keeps wife and kids away from it. Also keeps off dust,and fresh air always going across the car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,510 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not that it means anything, but did you read ALL the reviews?

Also
"The film releases chemical additives as a vapor that settles on metal objects and prevents them from rusting so long as they are wrapped in the film.6 Northern sells its products under the trademarks "Zerust" and "Excor."

So, is your car and cover going to get scummy ?
I used the bag over the winter in Chicago, in an unheated garage out in the boonies where plenty of rodents, and even larger, live, with a badly leaking roof. I hung 2 Arm & Hammer moisture and oder absorbers as well as large desiccant bags inside on the floor, as well as under the car.

Come spring, no mold, smells, condensation on or in the car, or scummy stuff on the cover (yet). I bought my bag with the optional soft inner lining to protect the paint from the bag.

The only bad review I read was from a guy who apparently didn't think the absorb the inherent condensation that comes with storing a car in a cold climate, in an unheated garage.

I've begun doing business with Cali Car Covers for all my car cover needs and beyond. They have knowledgeable sale people who know the product and can make specific recommendations based on your situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts