Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put some DBA 4000 discs and Carbotec 1521 (street pad) on my '06 GTO and holy $hit- the feedback is incredible and it stops so well that it is easy to get abs to activate. Anyone ty these on an Impala SS?

To give an idea of what they run, i could have got pads for my car (front and rear ) for $50, these ran around $200. They are a high performance ceramic metallic (copper).

·
Registered
833 Posts
Carbotech Pads

I run the Carbotech XP-10's in front and the XP-8's in back. Using DBA rotors from KORE-3.
My car is used mostly for Autocross and Opent track days and this combination works very
well. If I was street only I would run XP-8's front and rear.

In general, Carbotech pads dust less and last longer than other high performance pads
I have used. They tend to squeak less than Hawk and other metalic based pads when
driven on the street. The down side is they are expensive, so unless you really use your
brakes hard it may be hard to justify the cost.

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
What's the life expectancy in a daily driver?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Eric:

Probably quite a while, I replaced my first set after 2 yrs and about 2,000 track miles
and they had about 50 percent of the pad left. Fronts less, backs more. Call Carbotech
and talk to their tech guys, they are very helpful and can help you get the best pad
for your application.

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts