Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine are squeaking like the Addams family home. How hard are they to change? It almost looks to me like I can see slop or elongating of the center hole on the lowers. Thanks. - Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You will need a good press to complete this task, and I think you will find it worth your time and money to have a trusted shop press them in for you.

When I did mine I just removed the entire arms from my vehicle (which can be accomplished with some basic hand tools, jack and stands, spring compressor and ball joint separator). Then you will need another form of transportation to bring the arms to the shop for the pressing.

If I've left anything out...please chime in.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dad and I did my lower control arm bushings this past spring. I installed the Del-a-lum lowers in place of the old stockers.

My dad made a miniature press out of square tubing, and a bottle nose jack, with various plates for pushing and tubes for receiving. We did ours right on the garage floor. My dad is extra handy, tho, so that made it easier. Without him, I would have taken it to the shop, like MABM9C1 said.

The process wasn't too hard, once the arms were out of the car. Getting them out is one thing, so is putting them back in... especially w/ GW front springs... SHEESH!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got a price of $210 labor to do the lower A-frames. Sounds like the plan. I'm way too beat up to be tackling this myself. - Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.