Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Are 6.5" component speakers enough for the front doors? Do the majority of people use two ways for the front?

Thanks
SoKooLss

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
components are all you really need, if you put an amp on them, they should be loud enough. comps are usually better then coax.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2-way 6.5" components here. They kick major ass!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same Here! 6.5 Comps in the door using Hack's templates. Wouldn't even consider 4X6's in the doors again!....Mike

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6 1/2 components up front should be plenty. thats what i have and never looking back. 4x6.....whats a 4x6? haha

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I was just looking at the sizes of the woofer and the tweeter and was just thinking..."Wow. How can you even hear the tweeter over that 6.5?"
Just interesting.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by sokoolss:
Thanks guys. I was just looking at the sizes of the woofer and the tweeter and was just thinking..."Wow. How can you even hear the tweeter over that 6.5?"
Just interesting.
Most tweeters will scream! My tweets alone could burst my eardrums in a heartbeat if I wanted. So you don't have to worry about them being drowned out by a 6.5" ;)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also the power to make the higher frequency levels is much lower than it is when you start to get into the lower frequency levels. also the small size is relevant to what the speaker reproduces. since the wavelength on higher frequencies is shorter, you need a speaker that can react extremely quick to reproduce that frequency. as for lower frequencies, thats why speakers start to get larger in size. this is because the wavelength starts to stretch out and the speaker would move drastically slower than the cone of the tweeter. hence why cetain speakers only do certain things. if you get the chance find someone with a good setup in their car and watch, at a safe volume, the subwoofer or other large speaker during a sine wave track or a "sine bomb" some refer it to, and you can see how the speaker reacts at the different frequency levels.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is one of thoser rare instances where size doesn't matter (or actually it does, but is counter-intuitive). :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts