Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are metal clips for plastic panels still available?

I need the metal clips for various interior plastic trim pieces...some are missing, and some are broken. Anyone have any sources? They do not seem to be available here in Jacksonville.

Thanks...

- MJ -

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys...no one has had to do this before?

Surely someone knows where they can be found (other than a junk yard).

- M -

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about the metal ones but Lowes has the plastice ones in the fastener area. You might try there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion - I checked, and no luck.

Anyone else have any ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I take it that you're talkin about the panels like the ones on the rear speakers and pillars? On the ones that are broken did you break the metal or break the metal away from the plastic? I broke a whole bunch of these clips off of the plastic but I didn't break the actual clips. This probably isn't too much help but I used some good two-part epoxy to hold them on and reinforced the ones that didn't break with it. Have you checked with Dal? Or even better, find a junkyard with a few b-bodys that are kind of hidden and go in there with a screwdriver, pull off the covers and use the screwdriver to pop off the clips. Then put them in your pocket and browse the junkyard for stuff you need that you can't fit in your pockets.
;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.