Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I read in the Sept. 2009 issue Chevy High Performance, in the Q&A section, that the current Fast Burn heads from GMPP are really an as cast version of the CNC-ported LT4 cylinder heads.

So much better are the Fast Burns to the LT4?

Do you think that they would be a good part of a LT1/LT4 build after a conversion to reverse cooling??

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
Guys,

I read in the Sept. 2009 issue Chevy High Performance, in the Q&A section, that the current Fast Burn heads from GMPP are really an as cast version of the CNC-ported LT4 cylinder heads.

So much better are the Fast Burns to the LT4?

Do you think that they would be a good part of a LT1/LT4 build after a conversion to reverse cooling??

My machinist looked at my lt4 heads once that i had years ago. And the first thing he said was that they looked just like fastburns.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
......Fast Burns.......Do you think that they would be a good part of a LT1/LT4 build after a conversion to reverse cooling??
Not worth the effort.

The Fast Burns heads would have to be milled to get a decent compression ratio......and I've seen nothing in the way that indicates thatt he Fast Burn heads out-flow the LT4's.....or even that they have better flow velocity than the LT4 heads.

Bang for the buck-wise, the LT4 heads on a LT1/4 engine beats the sh*t out of converted Fast Burn heads.

IMHO, of course.

KW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.