Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out Custom LCA's Read it.

What is the deal with these lower control arms. He says they work with the sway bar and they look good. His feed back seems to be excellent.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He has adjustable uppers as well.They seem to be sturdy but not sure on the sway mount.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The control arms look good, and the quality looks good...but these are extended LCAs. Which means, that they will center the wheel in the wheel well...which will look good, but may not "work" so well. Keep in mind you will be changing the suspension geometry some. For example, the top spring pocket in the frame, will no longer line up with the spring seat on the rear axle. Therefore, keeping your springs at a constant slight angle. Also, you may have to use an extended drive shaft as well.

Just thought I would point out a few facts, before you make your purchase. Good luck, and have fun! ;)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solid bushings at both ends, no way for the arm to articulate freely through it's range of motion? I'd pass, but that's just me.
tip of the iceburg

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Either spring for the Global West or get the BMR's cheap. There's no point going 'in between'.
I think someone around the forum is making arms too now.

Unless you're going to be doing some serious racing I think you'll want bushings with a little more give than metal. Plus, you'll be opening up a can of worms going for the extended length arms, you'll need uppers too at the very least.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even the lower priced BMR's are most likely better quality.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can someone point me to somewhere I can purchase BMR's or Global West LCA's. I DO NOT want extended length LCA's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts