·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Post pics!

Lots of them.

·
Banned
1,248 Posts
If it has Green coolant hoses then it is a 9C1.
If it is has black hoses then it is a civilian.

Also the 9C1 police packages had dual disc brakes whereas the civilian caprices had front disc brakes and rear drum brakes.

The 9c1 Police Package has the heavier duty suspension, which is pretty much the same suspension that they put on the Impala SS.
The 9C1's also are 5.7 LT1's only, while civilians had the 4.3 L99 standard with a 5.7 LT1 upgrade option. Be very careful the 4.3 and the 5.7 are externally the same and some people will trick you into believing that you are getting a fast 5.7 LT1 when really you are getting a slow 4.3 L99.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If it has Green coolant hoses then it is a 9C1.
If it is has black hoses then it is a civilian.

Also the 9C1 police packages had dual disc brakes whereas the civilian caprices had front disc brakes and rear drum brakes.

The 9c1 Police Package has the heavier duty suspension, which is pretty much the same suspension that they put on the Impala SS.
The 9C1's also are 5.7 LT1's only, while civilians had the 4.3 L99 standard with a 5.7 LT1 upgrade option. Be very careful the 4.3 and the 5.7 are externally the same and some people will trick you into believing that you are getting a fast 5.7 LT1 when really you are getting a slow 4.3 L99.
10 posts, wikipedia information? This guy is a freakin' genius!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
+1, the forum has been overrun by these double digit post Einsteins as of late.

Check every section, and you'll find posts of the same caliber.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Here's the pictures to the car
It's covered 65K miles
Cool pics! Thanks for posting them.

That car was most likely reworked by a 3rd party. It would be a neat car to have.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
There was a company in So FL a few years ago that was outfitting used 9c1's with armor and shipping them to the Saudis. IIRC, it was at no small expense. I am sure there must have been others. I have never seen one of the finished products.

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
I have a large roll of Kevlar (60" X 45 yards) if any one wants to epoxy a number of layers of it to the inside of their doors. About 18-20 plys should make the door pretty much bulletproof. Let me know and I will get a price.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Its hard to say what is done differently since it was an aftermarket job. It is possible that some fleetwood limo suspension parts and brakes were used. Fleetwood limos used a few upgraded parts on a front suspension, I cant remember them all offhand, but I do remember the brake calipers being wider, possibly for thicker rotors.

Anyway you could get a little more detailed pics?

The engine compartment? Possibly that cowl is there to get air in because the radiator could possibly be protected by an armored shield.

Door jambs, are an area of concern to armored car builders. You dont want a lucky bullet bullet slipping through, so there is usually overlap.

Windows, if bullet resistant are much thicker and heavier than stock, modifications must be made there.

·
Banned
1,248 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
This car is probably a "B4U" car. Nice looking car. Would like to see it in person. Too bad I don't read foriegn language.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
This car is probably a "B4U" car. Nice looking car. Would like to see it in person. Too bad I don't read foriegn language.
google chrome has a built in translator. This is what the description says (although its probably not 100% accurate translation)

Description
b7 heavy weapons and armor of the vehicle has the bomb. the original is full. si is the original kilometers. the owner of the vehicle's license. There is nothing missing. what is the need for a license in four of four bi araçtır.zırhı workshop. truck would be traded or business machine. clearing price of 40 thousand.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I've NEVER seen a L99 9C1 that wasn't a clone.
A 9C1 clone?!?!?!?!
cwm2cwm2cwm2cwm2cwm2

Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your husbands too, 'cause they're cloning everyone out there!

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I have a large roll of Kevlar (60" X 45 yards) if any one wants to epoxy a number of layers of it to the inside of their doors. About 18-20 plys should make the door pretty much bulletproof. Let me know and I will get a price.
MMMMMM' Interesting.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
A 9C1 clone?!?!?!?!
cwm2cwm2cwm2cwm2cwm2

Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your husbands too, 'cause they're cloning everyone out there!
I bought a 96 DGGM WX3 and used it to clone a 94 DGGM L99 Caprice. It was the best move I ever made.

·
Registered
8,637 Posts

Damn it... I updated that page so it said that 9C1's had the L99 standard... was it removed by some retard??? I thought a guy was going to knock me out, when I was at the junkyard. I was working on a 94 Roadmaster, when a guy walked by and pointed at the L99 9C1 next to me, and said "I'd like to put that LT1 in my truck." He wasn't too happy when I pointed out everything that made it an L99...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Am I missing something? I fail to see how this is an "armored" car. It looks like a regular Caprice with a cowl hood & some ugly interior. It also looks like the A-Pillar is wrapped in leather/vinyl. I could put my 9C1 up & say it's armored too!! Think I can get $22k like he's asking?? cwm2

1 - 20 of 37 Posts