Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if the outlet on my headers is 3in and my cat back is 2 1/4 where should i reduce it at? Should I just by a reducer that connects to the headers to go strait to a 2 1/4? or should I reduce it to 2 1/2 then get cats that are 2 1/2 inlet/outlet and let my exhaust guy reduce it from out of the cat to the rest of the exhaust?

Thanks guys
Will

· Registered
156 Posts
reducer from 3" to 2 1/4". what are cats?

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Dan I know your work is great and everyone recomends you but I got the quote you sent me and its just too steep for me ( Im a college student) so im going a different route but thanks maybe in the future.

· Registered
617 Posts
I do a lot of quotes so I am not sure what I quoted on. Doing these as a universal fit, you are looking at $300.00 for a set of the metallic core converters with 3" slip fit inlet and 2 1/4" slip fit outlet. Or $250.00 for ceramic core converters. Keep in mind the universal fit converters will need to be custom fit. If I quoted on converters for our headers specifically, they are a bolt in and require no labor charge to install.

· Registered
1,824 Posts
If it was me, I would go 3" as far back as I could, and then get a 2.5" ball socket for the catback. The stock pipes will bolt to a 2.5" ball socket, no problem. I did it with my CIA Tri-y's to the stock catback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.