Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to replace their side mirror glass? Mine's super loose and I'm looking for instructions/tips on reattaching the mirror (just the glass, not the housing, electrical, etc.).

The search didn't seem help. Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
665 Posts
RH mirror assembly

cut the wire's??? why?? 2 wire's are attached to the actual mirror by spade connector's.
The mirror itself is held in place by an X shaped piece. I bought one year's ago.............weird name, I can't remember right now.
Get your fingertips around the edge of the mirror itself and pull straight out. Pull the 2 wires off of their spade terminals. That's it.
The wires on the back of the mirror are for heat only.
hth

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
use this one...

Attachments

G

·
cut the wire's??? why?? 2 wire's are attached to the actual mirror by spade connector's.
The mirror itself is held in place by an X shaped piece. I bought one year's ago.............weird name, I can't remember right now.
Get your fingertips around the edge of the mirror itself and pull straight out. Pull the 2 wires off of their spade terminals. That's it.
The wires on the back of the mirror are for heat only.
hth

I have the wire connecting to the back of my mirror. If that is for heat how to I turn that on in the car????

G

·
my mirror, there is a little bar on the back of the glass that looks like it clips into the pc that moves the mirror. The little round thing from mirror to the moving pc is still connected but I can not get that little bar pc to clip back into the moving pc that moves then mirrir when attached.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Get one from a JY and practice on it. You may have a broken piece (pc?) in the mechinism. If so, get the guts from the JY one and replace it. You can take the black motor assembly apart to put your good motors in it so that you do not have to splice the wires. Be carefull, it tends to fall apart after you remove the screws, and the parts have to go back in the same way they came out.

The mirror heat comes on automatically.

G

·
Get one from a JY and practice on it. You may have a broken piece (pc?) in the mechinism. If so, get the guts from the JY one and replace it. You can take the black motor assembly apart to put your good motors in it so that you do not have to splice the wires. Be carefull, it tends to fall apart after you remove the screws, and the parts have to go back in the same way they came out.

The mirror heat comes on automatically.
What tells them to come on?

G

·
I dont think I need the guts. The part that the mirror connects too, the part that moves, in the center of that it has two snap in openings. On the back of the mirror there is a little bar that should clip into those openings. I try to center my thubks on the mirror right over the parts that shoudl snap together so not to bust the glas but it aint snapping in. Ha ha ha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.