Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
" Update Update " Attaching Spoiler

Ok I Found Two People With Spoilers For Sale In My City. On $50.. But The Problem Is They Say The Spoilers Dont Have Bolts They Have Been Attached With Only Some Crazy Glues (he Mentioned Guerilla Glue And Molding Tape).. Has Any Body Used This Method? Thanks..... """UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE"" so i purchased the spoiler today... Like i stated u can see in the pics it looks like something is missing.. ive never had a spoiler so i dont know but im sure its something that would lock the screws in... Again the homie has his spoiler on with Gorilla glue.. now im thinking i want to get mines bolted down...How can i make this happen... (* see pics... Thanks http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w199/dstreets/Impala spoiler/

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
I bought a used one for my Caprice. The OEM spoiler has something equivalent to 3M VHB (Very High Bond) double sided tape on it.

Mine has the screws though.

I bought a new roll of tape to use on mine. If you would like to buy some, let me know.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I bought a used one for my Caprice. The OEM spoiler has something equivalent to 3M VHB (Very High Bond) double sided tape on it.

Mine has the screws though.

I bought a new roll of tape to use on mine. If you would like to buy some, let me know.
What stores carry it?

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
I suppose a question I would ask(if you didn't) is whether they don't currently have bolts or they weren't made for bolts. If they don't have them then you can always add them, unless the spoilers are damaged which is something you'd want to know about. If they weren't made for bolts then I don't know. I thought all SS spoilers, factory and aftermarket were, but maybe I'm wrong.

Even if they weren't you might still be able to drill them and add bolts or studs(or redrill damaged holes and use larger studs or bolts).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suppose a question I would ask(if you didn't) is whether they don't currently have bolts or they weren't made for bolts. If they don't have them then you can always add them, unless the spoilers are damaged which is something you'd want to know about. If they weren't made for bolts then I don't know. I thought all SS spoilers, factory and aftermarket were, but maybe I'm wrong.

Even if they weren't you might still be able to drill them and add bolts or studs(or redrill damaged holes and use larger studs or bolts).
alright cool .. thanks for the info.. im buying it tomorrow

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually thought of that.. but have u tried or we just taking a chance here..??
yes i purchased this wing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0419977150&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT and glued it to my trunk last week. just leave it over night and tape it down good. it turned out great!! and i dont have to worry about the fiberglass cracking since windshield glue gives a lil. winshield glue is some strong stuff. ill get some pics posted in a few days.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Detail pix of MTG

Spoiler Tabs:

Both Tabs:

Adhesive tape width:

Spoiler Tag: