Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
....... [snip]
I think it’s best that if/when you find a post of interest, or a thread that you start and get some great information shared, that you do a simple print to PDF, and save to your own archive.

I've been doing that for a few years, having my own small collection of threads. The biggest advantage of doing that was to have some of the great photos in place for these hella descriptive threads. We sure lost a lot with the demise of photo/imageshack.
A big copy all and roger dodger on that. Me too, and I'm collecting a new round of topics as we speak. 'cept I paste into Word for all sorts of folding, spindling and mutilating for better organization. And the simple PS Patch for your specific browser will bring back the old pics.

......I'm still here myself, just not nearly as active as I used to be, but I refuse to go elsewhere for my technical information.

Take care!
Yah I'm sure a lot are still around, at least offline. For now. We can go on the prowl for a related forum not yet infected with poorly coded revenue-generating kiddie programming. But how long before contributing to any other forum will it take to become the newest shiny object to attract the same eventual assimilation?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Yah I'm sure a lot are still around, at least offline. For now. We can go on the prowl for a related forum not yet infected with poorly coded revenue-generating kiddie programming. But how long before contributing to any other forum will it take to become the newest shiny object to attract the same eventual assimilation?
At least this time, we can go out of our way to properly collect our info.
Before we got xenforo'd by surprise without our consent or referendum, the ImpalaSS' tech section was merely hidden, but at least stuff like
this
did not require the
WayBack Machine
to access.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The old mods should be dumped, and new mods assigned that are actually here.
The problem is that moderating any large site eventually becomes a full-time job. People will only do so much out of the kindness of their hearts before they throw their hands up or expect $$$ because real-life gets in the way. People get hurt, sick, die, lose their jobs, get new jobs, fall in love, move, start families, sell their car(s), or simply stop caring. It can even happen with mods who are paid to be mods. I can't say for sure how much this website makes and the websites that claim to have that information are all speculation.

However, being a mod can do funny things to people. You don't just want anyone who posts here a lot being a mod because that's how you end up with BofH (b*stard operator(s) from h*ll). Mods that go on power trips, remove posts/comments or worse outright ban people simply because they don't agree with someone's opinion. It's all so tiresome.

With that said, the unresponsive admin/mod team usually means there isn't one and the people or more likely individual who runs that account is overwhelmed and/or doesn't care. Having a good team of trusted active members would be a step in the right direction to at least address spam posts and general day to day inquiries. As far as the other complaints people have with the site, including me; those are a bit more complicated to fix as it requires time and sometimes money.

But Cady members must pay more than here since they have 29 pages of 'New Posts' v. our 9 pages.
While I visit that site regularly (first gen cts-v owner), it likely has less to do with the cost of membership and more to do with the fact that Cadillacs are popular and there's more of them.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
While all of the above is well stated and very true, the Mods were not a problem before. In fact there was no need, that I saw, for any intervention from them in my time on here. Yes there was some disagreements and some people got their feelings in a knot. That happens in daily life among mature adults all the time. Such is the way of human intercourse. BUT! There was nothing that was offensive, such as one person who wondered in here and started being very abusive with a member who had actually tried to help. It was immature and improper conduct. We've not seen that person and hopefully we won't again. Then too, I've not seen so many unrelated posts as I have seen in the short time we've been subjected to in the new improved(?) BS here. Again, it was never about the people or Mods. It's this has become an unwieldly thing and it SUCKS!

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
omigarf. Where are all my subscribed threads? Why can't I find my subscribed threads?

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Perhaps check this thread by the host at the rollout of the 'upgrade' detailing some of the changed features:

With numerous other issues not being timely attended or even replied there were several threads started in Misk and Concerns around the same time. You may check those to see if Subscribing was brought up.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts