Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Attn: 96 Fleetwood owners

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SS-Stealth 
#1 ·
As you may know, I have purchased a 96 Fleetwood to replace my destroyed 357,00 mile 94 model.

As a result I now own a Fleetwood with no knowledge of what it has been through in the last 14 years. Since I only paid $1500 there are sure to be issues to discover on my own.

MY QUESTION: Since this is a 96, it is on the OBD-2 system. The diagnostics on this car still act like the 94 and there is no part number on the remanufactured PCM to indicate to me that it has the correct year PCM. I also get nothing when I attach a scan tool to the dash port. What do you 96 model owners see when you enter diagnostics through the HVAC controls? Do you actually get "P0104" style readouts or the 00-04 pointers and codes?

TIA!

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the info. Your PM responses further make me believe I have a mismatched PCM. The speedometer is WAY off, the traction control light is always on even with no codes shown. 3 of the 5 PCM section pointers report a "--" instead of the "00" I would expect and of course there is no reading from a scan tool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.