Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im currently on the process of getting a caprice wagon dirt cheap its nice gots cosmetic goodies but tbi, it has title issues and the guy that currently has possesion of it doesnt have the title but is trying to get it , my question is does wagon titles specifically state that it is a wagon or can i "macgyver" a sedan title to currently get this bitch on the road? please answer this for me so i can figure out what way am i going on this proj. thanks fellow forum members

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My Missouri title, says "staw" under body style. Not sure if that's the way it is in every state. You might talk to the DMV and see if they can help get you a salvage title for it and be done. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In VA the titles do specify SDN (Sedan) or WGN (Wagon).

And it's amazingly difficult to get it changed as I found out since DMV screwed up and registered my 91 as a sedan. I just left it alone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks folks i never had a wag before so i needed to figure that out so ill guess ill have to do a mechanics lien or a bond to get new papers thanks fellow forum gurus

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely do it legally through bonding it.

Swapping VINs could land you in jail for a while if caught, especially if the car has been stolen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Derek69SS:
Definitely do it legally through bonding it.

Swapping VINs could land you in jail for a while if caught, especially if the car has been stolen.
your probably right!, but how the hell does bonding work? i heard about it even gave others with no title suggestions about bonding but i have no clue about bonding a vehicle for new paperwork?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
in tx we have offices you can go to and pay $5 to get any lost title to a car I lost the title to a couple cars and when I sold them just went and showed my I.D. got the titles no problem

but tx titles dont say wagon.... mine says : Year model-1991
Make-Chev
body style- 4D
Model- Cap

doesnt say much besides that actualy no odmometer reading or the number of previous owners just the name of the wholesale company I got it from

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But that's a title you already had right? I'm in MO and I have to go to circuit court the get a judge to do a declaratory judgement on a title that the guy I bought the car from never transferred. It's a little hairy and is going to cost me about as much as the car itself. Hopefully Hawaii is a little easier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.