Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

am i missing anything i have the following :

1) pair of kicker l7's
2) hifonics brutas bxi20006d amp (for the subs)
3) clarion eqs746
4) alpine cda9856
5) rockford fosgate 200-a4 channel amp (hi's mids)
6) beyma 6.5 components (concept series)
7) beyma 6x9 3-way (concept series)
8) subzone dual ported box

I was thinking a kinitek battery capacitor
and some kicker wires......

·
Registered
444 Posts
Looks like you got some good stuff there. Heard alot of good things about Beyma, but never heard or ran any. The only thing I would change would be the pre-fab box and go with a custom built box. And lose elmo He is eyeballing the goods.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks bro .....got really good prices on everything ....not feeling the head unit tho... no usb port or built in blue tooth .....and i was thinking the same thing with the prefab box its huge and its going to eat my trunk ....do u think the hifonics amp is enough to push those subs ?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
four channel rca's for a four channnel amp ?
Yep - and another 2 channel set for the sub amp...

When routing wires, keep power and ground wires away from the RCA's to reduce interference/whine issues. Generally not a major problem with good equipment, but worth doing anyway. I ran the RCA's down the side of the tansmission tunnel and ran the power lead through the stock plastic pieces on the right passenger side.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry for the noob questions i just wanna get my ducks in order before i hit the audio shop u know they'll charge an arm and a leg for some bogus rca's you'll end up replacing down the road ........so let me get this straight

1) 4 channel rca's for the 4 channel amp
2) 2 channel rca's for the bxi 2006d mono amp

what about from the head unit to the equalizer what type of rca's do i need for that ...

and do most people run an EQ and a Crossover or either or ?

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you want to run the EQ you will need twice as many rca's. A 4channel and 2channel into the EQ and the same coming out. How long they need to be will Depend on where you mount the EQ. I personally don't run an outboard EQ, but that is because my deck has a 13 band eq in it so there is no need for one.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I havent seen your EQ before is it in-dash? I have a memphis EQP4 and I just run my RCAs to the amps from there then get some short 1' RCAs to run from Deck-EQ. I agree with Kapone as far as the box going custom-If you could spare the room I'd ditch the Cap and do a Blue top or yellow top in the trunk. Dont forget to upgrade your Big 4 with zero guage and if you can in the future move up on your alternator Hifonics take juice

·
Registered
444 Posts
I just looked up your EQ and you only need 1 2 channel RCA from the decks non fading output to the EQ's input. Then the 4 channel and 2 channel RCA's out to amps.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
hurry up so you can get down with NYHH lol nah hope your system comes out right. im about to rewire mine with some better cables and etc.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i will in the morning-they were on here before the crash. im in afghanistan so downloading pics to rockyou or photo will take a long time-its after midnight here. I wish this site automatically adjusted your pics like some of the other sites do and I wouldnt have to adjust them.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so left right main into the head unit then auxilery then another set of rca's into the head unit for the ipod controls ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts