Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be installing new speakers and head unit in my car, and i might be putting a 12" sub and 500 watt amp. Lets see some custom audio setups, i havent decided on where im going to put the sub yet and im looking for inspiration.

· Registered
101 Posts
best place for a 12" in a stack wagon cargo area, IMO would be in the storage cubby on the drivers side, or underneath the fold up cover for the third row, but you would have to do some work to make it look right and not rattle all to hell. If you do it in the foot well of the third row you can either put some venting in the cover, or you can make a box that sits below the support rails for the cover, and just leave the lid up when you want subbass.

I kind of did that last part, but a little more extreme, I put an 18" sub in that spot, but the back of my wagon whas been seriously hacked apart and modified throughout the years.

I had to raise the floor about 5" to do it like this, but it works

its almost finished, and it just needs carpet, the amps and the subs are completely covered by a false floor now, with a grill over the subwoofer

but for a single 12" you should be able to make it fit underneath the cover pretty easily

· Registered
101 Posts
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=230123&highlight=bullittandy

This is not 12" sub but it hits awfully hard and is hidden when installed.

I also have a Pioneetr DEH-P77DH head unit which is okay but I prefer stock looking head units.
I looked through your thread, and Im wondering if theres a way to mount that to the bottom of the dash up front... You save that space, and give you a better "up front" bass type of install, just some food for thought

Hel, you may be able to squeeze that into the glove box if you got creative

· Registered
326 Posts
I ran a single 12 in my wagon before but its the only setup I dont have pics of

it was a 07 kicker cvr in a 2.5 cube slot port box and powered but a 500rms kenwood amp

that **** banged hard as hell for a single sub on a small amp I liked it because I could still enjoy the music with the volume low but if I crank it could still shake the back glass pretty ok

witht he 15" cvrs I have now in a 8+ cube ported box getting full rms even with the volume low every thing is shaking and virbating I ususaly end up riding with the sub output on my deck turned off untill I wanna show out

· Registered
326 Posts
forgot I've also run a single 12" kenwood sealed on the same amp witch was great for inside listening but wasnt anything impressive on a drive by

and a 12" 07 l5 in the same box I used for the cvr and that thing banged!!! but didnt last long was getting just under the rms and just over heated and cooked the coil but I know alot of people who have had problems with the older 12" and 15" L5 subs

· Registered
3,115 Posts

Go big or go home, forgive the condition of the car, its all different now. IE the wire in the doorjamb, mess of wires in the back ECT.

I just havent posted pics of it the updates yet, still working on the car.

· Registered
178 Posts
If we didnt have to have the rear seat for all our kids, I could see getting some big bangs, but honestly I think I might try some type of sub to fit between the 2nd and rear facing 3rd row, then a dvd/cd player, for a flip down we have for the girls to watch movies, but we will see.

bro , you have to get the wheel wells done, I wanna see that cuz I still want to do that to ours.

· Registered
3,115 Posts
bro , you have to get the wheel wells done, I wanna see that cuz I still want to do that to ours.

Yeah who you telling, my Body man, hasnt done it, said I need to get some bondo hair for it.

I prolly will get it done before I bring the car back out for the spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.