Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do a tune up/valve springs/1.6RR on my car and would like to try some autolite spark plugs. I've read about it some time ago, but I did a search and just can't find this topic anymore. What's the equivalent or slightly colder Autolite plug to the stock platinium AC Delco? Please provide model and the part#.
My engine is stock.
Thanks in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the 104s are the stock heat range? If they're colder is there anythign wrong with running them in say my car???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car pings on AC Delco plugs and regular unleaded. It is fine on premium. This is why I want to get different brand plugs. Should I stick with Autolite 106 or try 104s?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Camaro pings in the summer on 87. We use 89 during this time and is fine.
I use Autolite 103's in the Caprice, and everything is great, even off the bottle.
I would use 104's if I was not going to run the juice.
You can also try AC-Delco plug R45LTS, IIRC. Just check to make sure it is the same length and stuff. I have and it worked great.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by '94 SShark:
My car pings on AC Delco plugs and regular unleaded. It is fine on premium. This is why I want to get different brand plugs. Should I stick with Autolite 106 or try 104s?
Go with 104s.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Buffman:
I thought the 104s are the stock heat range? If they're colder is there anythign wrong with running them in say my car???
No, won't hurt a thing. I run them in the white 9c1, and picked up 2-3mpg with them over stock heat range Champions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Spartus.:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Buffman:
No, won't hurt a thing. I run them in the white 9c1, and picked up 2-3mpg with them over stock heat range Champions. </font>[/QUOTE]HORRAY>.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have Autolite 104 single platinums in my car right now. Went in when I installed Quad-1 headers about 2 years ago. Would have gone double platinum for longer life but the nearby stores were all out. No matter since I have to pull my headers to replace the leaky gaskets with Pressure Masters. So a set of 104 double platinums are sittin' on the shelf waiting to go in soon. The rain has been consistently rolling in Friday afternoon but then clearing up Sunday night over the past several weeks. Grrrr!

If it is going to rain in San Diego, especially during a dry year like this one, it only comes over the weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will get the plugs tomorrow. I noticed there are 2 choices: platinum 104 and double platinum 104.
Is there a regular non-platinum version available and if so is it recomended?
Any suggestions?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought just regular non platinum "104s". I hope I made the right decision since no one replied to my last question. What would be a life expentancy of the regular non-platinum Autolite 104 spark plugs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2 gains by going platnuim. longer plug life, and a hate-relationship with N2O. I run platnuims cuz I hate changing plugs, or regaping coppers. Never had problems with platnuims. I'v heard that double platnuims can flake or somehow become a worse choice than singles, but only heard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.