Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks, i just got me 4 autospecility smooth rotors and from what I understand they come with studs too short for the impala alloys. So I also got 4 sets of the ARP M12x1.5 thread wheel studs.

I've never removed/installed wheel studs before so let me know if there is anything you guys would do differently.

Removal Process = putting a lugnut on the stud and pound them out with a big hammer
Install Process = Pull them through by putting a lugnut on the threaded portion and tighening the lugnut, the lugnut will have a big washer between it and the rotor. Said washer will ofcourse be removed once the stud is installed...just want to prevent the lug from being imbedded into the rotor

So for those of you who have done this did you have to remove the ABS ring?

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From what I understand, you have to grind a small flat spot on some of the studs to get them past the ABS ring.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got autospecialty regular rotors on my 9C1 with SS wheels. No stud issues. Each stud hits every single lugnut thread and then some. What is the problem?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put on these Autospecialty "blank" (Smooth) rotors on my SS last February. The lug stud length was fine for both my OEM rims and my Forgelines. There are at least 3 threads from the studs protruding through the open end of the acorn lug nuts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by LeadSSled:
I put on these Autospecialty "blank" (Smooth) rotors on my SS last February. The lug stud length was fine for both my OEM rims and my Forgelines. There are at least 3 threads from the studs protruding through the open end of the acorn lug nuts.
Sweet!!! That makes things easier, thanks for the follow up guys! :cool:

I did quite a few searches on these rotors and it seemed like they were still being shipped with the shorter studs. I should be getting them from ups tomarrow :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by zugdud:
I did quite a few searches on these rotors and it seemed like they were still being shipped with the shorter studs. I should be getting them from ups tomarrow :D
I found the same on my searches too, but the parts checked out fine. Before you go to the trouble of replacing the studs, bolt one of the front rotors to a wheel to see what you have. The rears aren't an issue since the studs are in the axle flange anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, just to double clarify things for anyone who finds this thread in a search the wheels go right on no problem, plenty of thread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.