Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 96 impala I have a bent axle on right side causing wobble feeling summit has fair pricing but they want to know axle size only way I can do that is tear car down. It does have disc brakes. 3.08 gears. Please help so I don't make a costly mistake.
I need measurement for axle sorry.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
axles

Yes, read thread one had sizing for rear end legnth no axle size and the other one doesnt tell you which one is needed for the impala ss it says narrow and wide (that is why i need to get measurement if someone has it so I dont have to pull rear end down before I order parts.. Some one has to know the width of axles..

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
You have to "click" on the link to see the information. Read the Product Description information.

The production 94-96 Impala SS axle is ONLY one "size"--what you see above in the link, which is a Moser part.

Summit does not make or market their "own" brand of axle shafts, to my knowledge, so we must assume that your reference to Summit is for Moser or another brand source--correct?

This thread addresses ONLY 8.5" axles in sedans
--nothing else. The information is there, if you read carefully.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
Thank you for information, yes summit is using Moser axles thank you very much..
I have one stock SS axle in very good shape......about 55K miles with the 'correct' Felpro gasket installed at about 8K miles....

LMK if you're interested.

KW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts