Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been scouring the forum and the web and can't find the Fleetwood 94-96 standard 8.5" ring gear axle dimensions. Moser tells me they need specs and/or the old one, but we're still driving the car in town as needed, so I'd rather not pull the axle until I have a good idea I'll get one - I'll be in trouble if the car is disabled in the garage long. So, anyone have the measurements I'll need? I realize the ABS reluctor (?) will need to be moved and they'll likely need to fab a way to mount it. I've found specs for the B-body axles, but the Fleetwood was different, at least for the ABS.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have a guy buying it this coming week and he thinks he found an axle. If not I’ll try that. It’s odd that it’s listed as a 93-94, that makes me wonder.

·
Registered
927 Posts
It’s odd that it’s listed as a 93-94, that makes me wonder.
beengone

It should be 93-96 but you can ask him. He also lists the heavy limo axel as being non anti lock so most of the info seems correct.

According to this it's the same as my 9C1 rear
. gbhs72

Same length and spline count yes, But the Fleetwood needs mounting points for the reluctors.(4 channel ABS)

·
Registered
446 Posts
beengone

It should be 93-96 but you can ask him. He also lists the heavy limo axel as being non anti lock so most of the info seems correct.

. gbhs72

Same length and spline count yes, But the Fleetwood needs mounting points for the reluctors.(4 channel ABS)

The heavy limo which should be actually a commercial chassis axle is the 9.5 inch 14 bolt which is not only ABS delete but also traction control delete. Axle ratio is 3.63 or 3.66 I forget which

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
There is a FW in the local yard right now. The left axle is usually in better condition than the right. If interested LMK.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a FW in the local yard right now. The left axle is usually in better condition than the right. If interested LMK.
Thanks. Supposedly I have a guy coming to buy it and he's shipping an axle to replace it when he gets here. If that falls through, any idea on cost for one or both? Shipping would be to 49631.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW, what color ext/int? If white ext. and burgundy int, he may want some small parts (passenger mirror if 94-96, center console).

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Black exterior, tan interior.

The axles would be about $75 each plus shipping. I would have to pack it/them to get a price. Moser charged me $43 to ship my wagon axles, but they get some kind of a "frequent flyer" discount.

The 94 has the 91-94 B body mirrors. The one in the yard is a 94.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just replaced my right rear axle. 8.5 10-bolt rear end. The axle is 30.5 inches, 30 spline. Dorman kit 630-117 goes in with perfect fit, but you lose the ABS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts