Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried the B-Body Performance Springs p/n Daily Driver Performance Springs 3/4 front and 3/4 rear springs? i would like my ss a tad bit lower but not too low. anyone want to comment on these springs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its a shame because I thought about getting his springs and his sway bars but I'm afraid I wouldn't my product. Which leaves me to think how good were his springs and sway bars anyway?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I got his sway bars(the daily driver) and they are great. I couldn't believe the difference from stock to these. Night and day. If he has them in stock, I would get definitely recommend getting them. Only if he has them in stock. Ask him the right questions the right questions before dealing with him if you go his route. I wouldn't go that route right now anyway because of all the problems that is going on with him. And I'll leave it at that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For street driving, I'd go with Hotchkis. I have the setup and they are very nice over stock.

BBODY performace is NOT a reputable source for products at the moment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Hotchkiss sway bars. They are great on the street and great on the race track. My car with the Hotchkiss bars and stock springs took first place (Modified)on the road course at Pocono during Mountain Madness. Tom's car, with MANY more mods than mine, and with his sway bars and springs placed 2nd.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by -Thump-:
That and wasnt he also out himself in the wrong class?
Well, now that you mention it...
According to the mods detailed in the article featuring his car in GMHTP, which was done at Mountain Madness, I count at least 22 points per the ISSCA points system. Anything over 17 points puts you in the "RACE" class. But ISSCA dictates that owners to class their own cars and relies on the honor system. There is no protest or appeal system within ISSCA if someone mis-classes their car. What can I say?

I would have been pissed if I was the 3rd or 4th place car in "Modifed". I beat him anyway, so it didn't directly effect me. Tom's time would have taken 3rd in the "Race" class that day if he had run in the proper class.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ditto what Thump said. The Hotchkis springs have a progressive rate, allowing for great handling (especially when getting their rear LCA's, and sway bars too)when taking the SS on a sprited drive, and a comfortable ride when cruising. I've been really happy with them, and the stance the car has!

http://www.nolimitsmotorsports.net/inc/sdetail/285

^^^^CAN BE COUNTED ON TO SHIP YOUR PRODUCT^^^^

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just want to let you guys know that i'll be offering a good selection of springs soon. I'll keep you posted... PM me if you want details becasue I dont really want to broadcast until I have it all ready to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.