Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an Impala SS chassis - the rest of the car is....well, different. It's a 4-door Avanti.

I joined this group back in 2007 and was active for a few years. Life got in the way. I had a job that consumed me and after ten years, I had to get out ... or die. My blood pressure was astronomical. So I retired (I'm 72 now). Then I got prostate cancer, then we moved, then..... Well, I'm back to driving my Avanti often. I'm about to turn 200,000 miles. It has a 383 with Edelbrock's TPI system with F.A.S.T. Ezi-ECU 2.0 self-learning computer. I have literally rebuilt everything on this car. Bill Harper (NavyLifer) built me all new front suspension, the rear came from Global West, KORE3 Corvette brakes, 12:1 ratio steering, exhaust by Clear Image....and so much more. I'm back because I want to tweak my springs/shocks. I upgraded both front and rear sway bars. The springs I have are too stiff, especially the front. I have a set of Hotchkiss front springs, but I'm not sure what the height of the body will be if I install them. This is what I'll need to figure out. I'll try to attach a picture of this car so you can see what I'm dealing with. In any case, this forum is a wealth of information on so many issues. Thanks be to all those who have put it together, keep it running and even those no longer involved. The B platform is a lot of fun.

Rich
Maple Valley, WA - soon to be central TEXAS!!!!
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I had not recalled ever seeing a sedan before = very handsome. Are you saying they're built on a '77-up B-body? If so, then you have a near bottomless pit of mod opps. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
6,458 Posts
I own an Impala SS chassis - the rest of the car is....well, different. It's a 4-door Avanti.
Rich
Maple Valley, WA - soon to be central TEXAS!!!!
View attachment 206637
Well.....I wondered from time to time what had become of you & this project.....nice to see the results, finally.
You are not alone as far as the experience of prostate cancer....we'll have to catch up at some point. Good luck with the move to TX - quite a change in many respects, but an adventure, for sure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts