Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got a 94 civi Caprice Classic with the grand daddy suspension. Recently I put around 250 lbs. worth of stereo in the trunk. Now the back end sits really low and the front end is raised up. I'm planning on moving this audio to a 9C1 soon, will these springs be stiffer? Also if I put Impala springs on the 9C1 to lower it will these hold it somewhat more level? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can tell you that with a '96 Impala and about that much stereo stuff you will be borderline with Impala rear springs. My car is pretty level with a full tank of gas and no passengers, but even with a half tank and two people in the back it rides too low.

Do a search on springs in this category. There is a wagon spring you can use I believe and also some other springs that are linear that have been used. If I remember correctly, with the HA/HO rear they may make for too much oversteer but worth checking out.

-PJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.