Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
I have the same problem bro. If I move the thermostat control back just to the beginning of where the blue and red meet it will blow up on the windshield I need help too.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had the same issue on my '91. My fix was replacing the A/C vacuum control valve. Several vacuum lines are hooked to the rear of it and when you move the selector switch different vacuum lines are used. The valve could also be fine and you could have a leak in the vacuum lines going to the switch. When you move the selector switch on the dash and you hear the "hiss" noise, you are hearing the vacuum control valve.

The part is different on my '91 and your '95. It looks like it would be #16171742 for your '95.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same issue on my '91. My fix was replacing the A/C vacuum control valve. Several vacuum lines are hooked to the rear of it and when you move the selector switch different vacuum lines are used. The valve could also be fine and you could have a leak in the vacuum lines going to the switch. When you move the selector switch on the dash and you hear the "hiss" noise, you are hearing the vacuum control valve.

The part is different on my '91 and your '95. It looks like it would be #16171742 for your '95.
this could be it, even with all the controls turn to the off position I can still hear a faint but consistent air hiss behind the dashboard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts