Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...had another bad experience tring to get another alarm installed into me car. Bought a brand new remote start VIPER 790 on line and finally took it to Stereo Warehouse here in San Diego to get it put in. I went in on Sat. 200 bucks to get it installed w/ the immoblelizer. I got there at 10 in the morning and my car didnt go in untill 5 pm! Just to have them tell me they do not have time and will have to come in on Sun...The guy told me he would throw in some new $60 tweeters in for free to cover up the existing holes from the previous owner. Fine.
Sunday I get there at ten and didnt get done untill 7pm! The shiet is all fuhked up. They didnt even use the immoblelizer that I paid for(got my money back)
-Cant pop my trunk
-Didnt set the run time
-didnt set the crank time..Too long and is grinding
-Broke my window switch
and so on
Turns out they dont even sell Viper alarms
I'm supposed to got back (again) today but am stuck at work. I feel like having them just replace my alarm...window switch, and giving me my money back.
What do you think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If they are not an authorized dealer for DEI, you have no install warranty, but then you didnt have one since you bought the unit online anyway. but for one,
your car doesnt need an immobilizer unit, just a resistor and a relay.
200bucks to install is quite expensive, if you can put in a radio, you can put an alarm in our cars, they didnt set the timers cuz they dont have the programmer, but you can program them if they installed it properly, but i would just make em fix it or give your money back and go somewhere else and get it fixed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and as far as the crank time goes, they didnt hook up the tach sense wire, nor cross the jumper to sense tach. y ou can get a good tach signal from the ground pulse wire on an injector.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will not having an immoblelizer make it easier for theives...or is the resistor/relays pretty much the same thing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.