Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the time has finally arrived for BAD IMP to get the interior and audio/trunk mod. I bought a set of six-way Bonnie seats (from Bob & Ida, Cali-SS members), these seats will get broken down and entirely rebuilt with new skins. I have the stock audio system, so that will be coming out for a new head unit (of course using TheDetailSS.com's Double Din install kit, thanks to Sean Anderson!!), new speakers in the doors and some slight work on the panels, and the trunk will a complete custom setup with the amps/subs.

Current stock setup

Trunk

Interior

Bonnie Seats

Double Din install kit from TheDetailSS.com

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Get'n ready for WC I see...

Good deal bud.
What ever you do
KEEP YOUR STOCK SEATS :D
You will LOVE the D'DIN set up, I guarantee it!!

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just wanted to introduce myself .I'm the owner of kreativestreetdesignz in las Vegas and I will be doing the build on the bad imp.jim and I have mapped out a decent budget build that's useable yet has some slight show in it as well.ill be posting up pictures as it goes along and if there's any questions feel free to ask away.work will commence next week as soon as most of the equipment arrives.
Thanks Jim for the opportunity to work on such a world class impala and know that your baby is in great hands
Luis
Kreativestreetdesignz

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
What ever you do
KEEP YOUR STOCK SEATS :D
I was going to say that. I don't think I'd swap out that clean of an interior for something custom. It still looks new.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here are a few Impala SS trunks i did and its a basis for what im planning to do with the BAD IMP.Im never been a fan of 4th order boxes and i usually do sealed.I did try a Ported box and its response wasnt bad.As far as rattle in the trunk it is problem at times with proper sound deadening it can be controled.In a daily driver i can see the need for a blow thru box but in a weekend more show ive always enjoyed the response and tone of a well tuned sealed box.
Here are a few

·
Registered
124 Posts
heres a few seats that ive done and its the same basic idea thats going into BAD IMP but using bonnie seats as a starting point.One of the things we do to is reinforce the seat bottom on stock SS seats because they have a habit of cutting thru and going into the springs and sagging like mad.
This is how they usually come to me

heres how they end up

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
That's great work on the seats. I paid once to have a back seat reupholstered in my Jeep after I got it. I was so "happy" with the work that I sold the leather seats that were in there for cloth. Most places I've seen don't have that level of quality in their work.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's great work on the seats. I paid once to have a back seat reupholstered in my Jeep after I got it. I was so "happy" with the work that I sold the leather seats that were in there for cloth. Most places I've seen don't have that level of quality in their work.
thanks i try to do as good of a job as can be with the material given.One thing that i do notice with these bonnie seats for the BAD IMP is that there isnt a single line on them that are symmetrical.Every line is off and off by ALOT.so for the BAD IMP we will be doing these seats over the way GM should have done them and redesigning them fully from the ground up.Ill have pics of the work comming up this week as all of the product has come in and work can commence.
heres a short list of whats going in.
For audio Source will be a AVHP 8400BH double din Pioneer HU.
JL audio C3-650 components In the front doors and also replacing the rear 6x9 with C3-650 Components and making custom plates to fit them.
For Subs im going with JL 12w3v3d2 Subs in a single 2 ohm and running everything will be 3 JL audio Amps
One HD600/4 and two HD750/1
The trunk will be fully custom with some touches that im working on with the cars owner.So updates to come soon because after this one i have 3 other Impalas to complete.!busy busy busy

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was going to say that. I don't think I'd swap out that clean of an interior for something custom. It still looks new.
Thanks, yeah they are in GREAT condition, especially the passenger and rear seats, they really are in new condition.

thanks i try to do as good of a job as can be with the material given.One thing that i do notice with these bonnie seats for the BAD IMP is that there isnt a single line on them that are symmetrical.Every line is off and off by ALOT.so for the BAD IMP we will be doing these seats over the way GM should have done them and redesigning them fully from the ground up.Ill have pics of the work comming up this week as all of the product has come in and work can commence.
heres a short list of whats going in.
For audio Source will be a AVHP 8400BH double din Pioneer HU.
JL audio C3-650 components In the front doors and also replacing the rear 6x9 with C3-650 Components and making custom plates to fit them.
For Subs im going with JL 12w3v3d2 Subs in a single 2 ohm and running everything will be 3 JL audio Amps
One HD600/4 and two HD750/1
The trunk will be fully custom with some touches that im working on with the cars owner.So updates to come soon because after this one i have 3 other Impalas to complete.!busy busy busy
Hell yeah! Looking forward to seeing the progress :D

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Man Jim, looks like it will sound as good as it looks!!;) Can't wait to see some pic's. Had thought of doing the Bonnys in my wagon for the front. After seeing yours done hopefully that will motivate me to do mine...lol!!:D

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
keep us posted

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well some of the audio equipment got unwrapped today
Still waiting for the 2 Ohm W3 JL subs and the HD600/4 that should arrive today or tomorrow .

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Heard that those JL components are no joke.
Celine Dion is sure going to sound crisp in your 7 hour ride from Cali to Vegas :D

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Subscribed!
^^:D

Heard that those JL components are no joke.
Celine Dion is sure going to sound crisp in your 7 hour ride from Cali to Vegas :D
Ha ha, Dave you're killing me! But, really give me back that CD I miss listening to her :)

Here is the latest addition, 2 12" subs ;)

1 - 20 of 95 Posts