Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think of this vid.
also what filters do you guys run on your vehicles. I only use mobil1, K&N, or the new royal purple.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's vids of other popular filers. Amsoil was the best and K&N was not in the testing. All vids start off the same.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
I used to use AC delco filters before the E CORE change over.. I still have one or two NOS filters that are not of that design.. I also use Wix filters/ Napa gold/ Or even the Pro select Napa filter in a bind.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Purolator PureONE filters or Wix.

Last year someone posted something about about oil filters and I mentioned that I used Fram on my DD and K&N on my Impala. Somebody else went nuts and told me I was a bastid for using a POS like Fram and was wasting $$ on the K&N.

I was using AC Delco from Walmart but found that they were just as bad as the Fram. Both using cardboard end-caps inside the filter. Switched to Purolator when I found them at Fleet Farm for a good price. Also use Resolute oil on the DD as it's cheap and made by Citgo and Made In the USA!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought k&n made some nice filters. know alot of people who use them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
been debating on amsoil for a long time. im going to give them a try. they seem to make some very high quality products.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I run Delcos when I can find the old ones (sometimes advance has the old designs on the shelf). Every time I see the old Delcos in the store I buy them out.:D. Other than that I use napa.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Just something to mention. Everything affinia group seems to be GOING TO CHINA, so WIX filters SOON will be Chinese made, if they are not already. You have to love globalization. Some Wix oil filter models are Chinese or made in Taiwan already. Most fuel filters and transmission filters are also made in that region.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
.....also what filters do you guys run on your vehicles......
I use used Frams.

Ya see.......if a filter manages to last 3k to 5k miles, it MUST be good :D !

KW

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
I've never had an issue with fram on any vehicle, however for not much more or even less you can get better filters. Like AC DELCO, STP, SUPERTECH, BOSCH, K&N, M1, Amsoil, Wix, Purolator, etc.

A lot of fitlers are made by champion labs

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A lot of fitlers are made by champion labs
Well actuall only a few I know for sure the make K&N, & royal purple. With champ labs they make the filters to diffrent companies specs. They just have to pay more like what K&N and Royal Purple do for there specific filters to be made. They also make STP filters. Which are nowhere near the quailty of K&N and royal purple. Some times when certain companies want there filter made they care more for the quantity they can get for a good price (STP) than the quailty they can get like K&N and Royal PUrple do.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
When I managed a Nationwise store years ago(originally Guarantee Auto, eventually became Advance) we knew the Fram's were **** even back then. Purolator did a comparison for retailers rather like the vids posted. I've never understood how they stay on top.

For me it's Purolator or K&N(and as someone said, I buy up old Delcos that fit the old Caddy/Buick, etc whenever I see them).

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Well actuall only a few I know for sure the make K&N, & royal purple. With champ labs they make the filters to diffrent companies specs. They just have to pay more like what K&N and Royal Purple do for there specific filters to be made. They also make STP filters. Which are nowhere near the quailty of K&N and royal purple. Some times when certain companies want there filter made they care more for the quantity they can get for a good price (STP) than the quailty they can get like K&N and Royal PUrple do.
M1 filters are usually the exact same as K&N without the nut. You'd be surprised at how many filters champion lab makes. Royal Purple filters are probably the same as K&N, M1, and higher end Champ Lab Filters but you're paying ridiculous for markup, no thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts