Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting incredibly bad reception on my 9C1's factory radio ... most channels don't pick up and the ones that do seem to come and go as they please! BTW, when my hand goes anywhere near the head unit, I can hear a variation in the reception. I would like to clear this up BEFORE I install my Pioneer head unit. Any ideas? Thanks.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know it's a simple solution, but I gotta say it...

Make sure the antenna plug is in the back of the radio. It might have worked its way out. Not likely but a possible culprit.

Good Luck.

-Dan

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty sure the antenna is plugged in, but I will check anyways (and I will definitely let you know if that is the culprit since I brainlessly forgot to check that in the first place) :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the antenna is plugged into the back of the radio just fine ... now I'm stumped :confused:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be very interested in this one too. I have the same problem, and I would love to figure it out before I put in my new unit. Maybe I'll just go with XM radio and be done with it. :eek:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems to me that when I park close to a car or if someone is close to the antenna from the outside, the reception either gets better or becomes total crap (which isn't a big stretch) ... any ideas yet? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts