Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG im so in love lol. really though. i seen this car on craiglslist a few times before but i thought it was a scam so i didnt even to bother calling, even when i had the whole amount . but once i was looking to sell my car and seen the ad pop back up i decided to give them a call. i fought like a mother to get them to even answer the phone. lol they only answered it like 4 times out of 40 calls, they were getting a real high call volume lol. so im glad i got their address the 1st time they answered an went to their house a few times. its a 95 imp i checked when i went to go see it. i snapped a pic of the vin an combined it and it came up wx3. i paid 1500 for a pretty good imp. the 5 things wrong with the car at the time.
1. the trans fuse was blown
2. the door lock fuse was blown
3. the coolant T needed to be replaced as it broke in my hand lol.
4. need a water pump now
5. salvage title but i dont plan on selling it soooooo
i changed the fuses and it shifted perfect from then on. and the coolant T. THERE WAS A BRAND NEW ONE SITTING IN THE CENTER CONSOLE!!!!! literally brand new i opened the plastic, so the car cost me NOTHING to get going. there is really no body damage all seats are ok sept the driver sear and door panel. no cracked windows but the 2 front windows need rollers, engine has 163k but its still on 5w-30 oil. so not really any wear in bearings. runs quiet and all electronics and mechanics work. i thought i was going to be into at least 900 bucks to get it going as i bought it without even seeing it drive an inch or run for more then 2 minutes. shes sitting in my driveway sleeping because i dont have any more money i literally spent all i had but its all good. anybody wana donate a water pump lol. heres some pics of the old gal an my old gal

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the 1500

my honey with the money

when she came home

ghetto trunk fix 1st thing

mayonnaise lid home base delete 2nd thing

took everything out the trunk and cleaned it

the lid. the sticker was sooo far gone i just took it off(the trunk was open for about 5 months) trunk latch broke off

side scripts

dash plate

pretty sexy eh?

side shot

my baby washing my baby

my old car in the back, i kno the guy i sold her to so he stopped by to see what caught my eye

the floor was soooo dirty i couldnt even take a pic but ill have some inside shots when i clean the carpet some more. i removed the seats to get to every part of the floor there was like a whole soda spilled got most of it up so pics will be here soon

·
Registered
701 Posts
Nice. I was gonna try to snatch that one but I couldn't get a hold of the people selling it and didnt want to drive all the way there for no reason.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Ha, I see you're already here.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea they were a real pain to get ahold of, and they guy didnt even really wana sell it. and like i said they NEVER answered the phone so i had to take actions driving 14 miles to the dudes house and knocking on his door lol. that got his attention, i put a remote starter on her last week. wasnt as difficult as i though, the most difficult was the vats

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
interior pics, not done cleaning i just wanted to give it the once over to make sure there wasnt anything illegal in the car cuz i get pulled over alot so.... and before you say it yes, the carpet is dirty, but is no stains on it anymore an thats ok for now.

yes the carpet is gray, the center console would b the same color but you can tell it wasnt in the car for a while

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and now for the bad. the driver seat and door panel :(

this is what the carpet use to look like so you can see why im not complaining

·
Registered
357 Posts
OMG, that one looked like it needed to go straight to the crusher!

WOW... what the heck did they do to that door? and then the driver's seat????

Talk about getting use out of a car...

Can't wait to see the end result of the rebuild.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i really didint think it was that bad, the driver side is poop. thats about what my last carpet looked like too. but everything works so its good. i think ill just get a caprice driver door and SEM gray the bottom half and put it back 2gether with that top half. an a bottom seat cover for the driver. as long as the gf dont complain lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
i really didint think it was that bad, the driver side is poop. thats about what my last carpet looked like too. but everything works so its good. i think ill just get a caprice driver door and SEM gray the bottom half and put it back 2gether with that top half. an a bottom seat cover for the driver. as long as the gf dont complain lol

Your a good man to restore "her"... the gf will be very happy if you put more of the greeeeen in her hands...haha

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
when i was doing the sparkplug wires i decided to clean the dist cap, change the wp seal cuz im sure it needed it. i used a 1/2 inch deep socket for the wp seal worked like a charm, shes quiet....gotta change that soon its driving me nuts lol

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
finally took my baby......an the gf for a real spin around the north side of charlotte and shes real smooth

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
finally took my baby......an the gf for a real spin around the north side of charlotte and shes real smooth
Which one is??? ;)

Nice progress!!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the impy, an thanks i just got some loose ends to tie up. window rollers, and a new primary fan, an door panel an then comes the mods :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
For the money you put out for the Imp, it was a real still. Cant what to see what all you do with her.:cool:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BigBadWolf cleared that up a while back...show me an impala section and ill get it posted there

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
finally got her on the road got my title swapped an registered an tagged now im rollin lol

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
bad asssssss bro congrats :D

now we got to talk stereo ssytesm i know you what one like mine :)

hey who put the drill, drill bit down into the back seat?

do you know how many ass's i would of kicked for that in my impala?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts