Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about bagging my imp it would have F,B,S,S and i can get it done to tuck 20's or 22's for 3grand or im thinking bout going w/hotckis, swaybars,control arms and engine aby brace and bilstein shocks and eibach springs.I dont know.Any help :confused:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try airbagit.com:: They sell F,B,S,S airbag kits for $1229 out the door.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say do the airbags but i would NOT buy a thing from airbagit.com which is AIM industries because they suck azz
You get what you pay for,, well sometimes lol

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me that doesnt look badass!
bags are the only way to go! but 20's and 22's well good luck!...just bodydrop it

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Wagon Boy:
bags all the way :D
DITTO
It’s also a good security feature, tow trucks won’t mess with it either (liability).
AIM bags do suck.
Just get tanks and brackets 6 universal flat plates, 2 universal axle brackets.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and the other key is like what wagon boy has...1/2 lines! ive seen his car and it drops and raises quick!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and the other key is like what wagon boy has...1/2" lines! ive seen his car and it drops and raises quick!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by redimpss:
and the other key is like what wagon boy has...1/2" lines! ive seen his car and it drops and raises quick!
when'd you see my car?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Grant that is Les from Hayward, the last Mod Day here in Fresno. Also at the Bar-B-Que.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by tbsimmons:
Grant that is Les from Hayward, the last Mod Day here in Fresno. Also at the Bar-B-Que.
ohhhh

i still don't remember
;)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
showboat, i've seen your car around and it looks awesome. i knew it was low, but couldn't figure out if you got that low with just springs. i'm in niagara on the lake, so almost your neughbour. your ride sure looks nice man.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey wagonboy how much did u pay for your setup?and your wheels?
and have u had alot of problems

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have a couple friends w/bagged trucks and they have had alot of problems.that makes me not want to get them.Since u know eveything bout bags what would be the best setup to go with?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BAG IT!!! If you have problems it is usually the installers fault. I have had mine on for months now and literally no problem at all. I have no regrets and I drive the damn thing like 75 miles a day back and forth to work and other places. Oh yeah don't buy chassis tech or AIM bag stuff. I am very pleased with the spindles though. Bolted right up and only like $150.00 to my door. Good luck man, don't be scared.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey show-boat, do you have any pics of your rear end notching? I am in the process of trying to get my wagon that low in the rear right now. Thanks man, Nice lookin ride. [email protected] John

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is the setup in the rear plus 3 inch 'C' notch, this new crossmember and upper link bars need to lay frame on 18's this was needed because as the rearend came up it started to roll forward and cause the tires to push into the front of the inner wheel wells

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by show-boat:
Just a word of note...

You shouldn't use a control arm setup like the one pictured because 1) it'll screw up the pinion angle as the suspension loads and unloads, and 2) it could possibly, under full compression, cause the driveshaft to pull backwards and out of the transmission as a result of the arc the axle travels in. You should always have the control arms mounted in front of the axle.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bars going forward or back doesn’t effect nothing the only thing different from stock to this is that its reversed triangular four link, the pinion angel haven’t changed because these link bars were put on with the stock ones in place at normal resetting height of the bag
This setup is in a lot of bagged S-10’s and seems to be a very good setup

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bagged an S10 with a reverse 4 link and the wheel hop was so bad when he took off that it was almost undrivable. I told the guy that would happen but the customer is always right and that is what he wanted. He later had it redone. Anyway if it works for you, that's what matters. Just FYI this is from the Airride Technologies website:
http://www.ridetech.com/techarticles/air4linktechinfo.asp

What about "reverse" 4 links? What happens when you run the bars backwards?

NO NO NO!!! By the way, did we say NO?! It doesn't matter what the truck magazines say... DO NOT run the 4 link bars backwards! Here's what happens... When the top bars are run backwards, the diverging arcs of the upper and lower bars will create such a massive pinion angle change that under extreme amounts of suspension travel, you may actually pull the driveshaft out of the transmission! If you want to see this effect for yourself, get a sheet of pegboard and a couple of yardsticks... simulate the scenario for yourself. The second effect of running the upper bars backwards is completely screwed up handling dynamics. With a normal 4 link, when you hit the brakes, the suspension geometry wants to lift the rear of the vehicle... therefore trying to "plant" the rear tires and assisting the braking action. When the upper bars are reversed, this dynamic is eliminated or even reversed... when you hit the brakes the suspension actually unloads the tires thereby massively reducing available braking performance. This is not our opinion... it is simply physics.

We don't know who thought up this "backwards" 4 link stuff but apparently it was originally used to provide clearance for an airspring sitting on top of the lower bars that pointed to the front. The truck magazines picked it up, the readers took it as gospel, and the rest is history.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts