Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a long break, I am finally getting around to finishing the 6-spd install. I just received my rebuilt trans from D and D, and I must say that I am really impressed with their work. Super fast turnaround and the thing looks like a million bucks. So anyways, I get the roller bearing into the end of the crank along with the FW. I go to put the PP on, and I can't find the balancing mark. I looked and looked with little results. I then felt around until I found the weight on the back of it. I have no idea if this is right, but I put the mark on the PP around where the weight is.

Who has been here before and what should I do?

I just put two bolts on to hold everything in place until I find out what the right way is. If you have an info, please feel free to chime in. Thanks

Sean

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Sean-

Shouldn't have any trouble with it, the install I just got done with, new flywheel, new Mcleod pressure plate, no marks what so ever, no problems either, you shouldn't. Roger (BallSS) can comment, but he has seen the same thing on his many clutch installs before his internally balanced stroker and he didn't have any issues from what I recall either. No worries.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
^^^^

yes since none of us had a "factory" installed M6 there is no refrence as to where the paint dab on a stock PP is in relationship to the mark on a FW

Maybe someone who harvested a original F-body deal and noted what that marking relationship was???

As Mike stated, my experience is the orientation did not matter on previous installs on my car....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts