Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(...........just a caution, Guyz
tis' the season for deer strikes (here for sure)
Wife hit one last night on her way Home from work and did a real number on the front/LH front of her "nice" '95 DGGM (Jade, I know) Roadmaster sedan. She's OK, the car's not. Deer??? deceased......
Keep your eye's open, especially at night.
FWIW.
Roy

·
Registered
569 Posts
Tell me about... Actually I hit a kitten on the highway.
Travelling through Texas in a no-airbag caprice is not a great idea. Thankfully my parents got me a safe, plentiful, Camry. I don't want the camry damaged, but it would probably save my white ass. A deer would probably take out a Caprice and me, if I hit just right(or wrong).

I saw a dead deer on the side of I 45 this morning.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Tell me about... Actually I hit a kitten on the highway.
Travelling through Texas in a no-airbag caprice is not a great idea. Thankfully my parents got me a safe, plentiful, Camry. I don't want the camry damaged, but it would probably save my white ass. A deer would probably take out a Caprice and me, if I hit just right(or wrong).

I saw a dead deer on the side of I 45 this morning.
airbags just do more damage in a deer hit, they are a bad thing in that case.

I have made a habit of hitting deer, I don't reccommend it.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
I can relate...

I had a deer run into the side of my Impala back in the spring of 2000. More of a glancing blow, but still pissed me off. Got the left rear door & quarter, and scratched the left rear door glass and wheel face.

Fast forward to 11/2/09--I'm heading to my buddy's bar for some supper after work in my brand new, less than 1K mile '09 Silverado. Whacked a deer doing about 60. Don't know what happened to the deer, I assume I killed it. About $5400 damage to the truck. No airbags popped, thankfully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.