Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ihave 2 mtx thundercat 6000 12" subs and a 600 watt 2ch boss amp. i had taken out the sub oout of the car to stuff the box with cardboard. some1 told me they would hit better. well being the newbie i am i dont kno wat good setting to put on the amp. when i play music all u hear is buzzing from the subs. but when u put ur ear near the box. u can hear all the bass inside and not outside. any tips TIA

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by 96purplehaze:
ihave 2 mtx thundercat 6000 12" subs and a 600 watt 2ch boss amp. i had taken out the sub oout of the car to stuff the box with cardboard. some1 told me they would hit better. well being the newbie i am i dont kno wat good setting to put on the amp. when i play music all u hear is buzzing from the subs. but when u put ur ear near the box. u can hear all the bass inside and not outside. any tips TIA
my understanding

cardboard no

pollyfill yes but only on sealed anot ported

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats right POLYFILL tricks your woofer into thinking its in an box larger than it actually is by slowing down air waves the speakers are producing.it can also be used in vented as well as sealed :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts