Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some bad news when I took my 96 Caprice Classic to the Buick shop to have its coolant replaced. They said the positive battery terminal had been leaking acid and the battery and the cable needed to be replacb ed. My question after going through the posts (what a great resource) is do I buy Gary's cable set, or do I just buy GM parts from Dal? As to the battery I took some notes on the posts (no pun intended) and it seems that optima is the way to go. When I saw the corrison did a quick baking soda wash to stop any further leaks, but it looks like my 4th will be shopping for a battery.
BTW is original battery and the green eye shines on. P.S. Buick guy was candid, said GM's cost alot, but they last a long time. Becuase this is a side mount, I am going to try a different brand.
Cruiser Bill

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You won't find a better deal out there than Gary's cables.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just had the same problem occur to me, a 4 year ago replaced AC-Delco battery started leaking acid, ate the cables and melted the side post bolt. I ordered gary's cable since I hear only good things about them, they should be here tommorow or monday :cool:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gary's cables are the schnitz. I've had good luck with Delco batteries, but I seem to be the only one on here who has.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Red top Optima, about 5 years now.. no problems

Gary

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do a Optima battery and Gary's cables, they are the best cables out there by far !!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you know what always gets me <and this is just my opinion> is that so many of us are so particular about the way our cars look outside and under the hood that so many guys go for the off brand red or blue or yellow batteries. i have always been a delco man and have gotten service from them. my 94 is sporting a delco platnimn battery. grey in color. some of these colored batteries remind me of a turd in the punchbowl !again just my opinion! anal? maybe ! lol

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the great advice. I will call Gary on Tuesday and order. If I find anything interesting in the battery search I'll post it up.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
optima yellow top and Gary's battery cables (and headlight harness ;) ) here. make sure you get the aux battery cable too ... especially if you run all kinda **** off the aux post like i do! once you get the cables and compare them to stock you;ll understand better

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by upyurSS:
... some of these colored batteries remind me of a turd in the punchbowl ... ! lol
But they're such pretty colored turds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts