Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my alarm keeps going off, I had to cut the speaker for it, Everytime I press the key fob, it does nothing any suggestions?? I dont know the type of alarm becuase It came with the car I bought

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if you post a pic of the remote or tell me the name of the remote i mmayt be able to
help

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Henry there should be a little black push button either in your fuse box or by your data plug or somewhere under the dash when it start going off stick the key in turn ign on and press it once to stop it then with the door open key out press arm unarm arm that should put it in valet mode so you can get it looked at at circuit or best buy etc hope that helps :cool:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some dealer installed security systems, that use the factory keyless entry system, were installed without the valet switch. I had a similar problem, with the drivers door not unlocking (or disarming) on the first push of the unlock button, but the second push unlocked the rest of the doors, with the alarm still armed. There are micro-relays in the alarm module that can fail. I replaced the module with a VSC3300 module removed from a 2000 Blazer, and have not had the problem since.
Cliff Barnes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts