Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
I've found a common culprit is the trunk light staying on with the trunk shut (caused by a bad switch). Had a couple do this. After a day or two it would always be dead. I found it once on accident when I was under the car. There was a rust hole in the trunk and I could see light shining out :p

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
I have a 96 impala ss and something ostensibly draining my battery. I HAVE A AUDIO SYSTEM BUT I HOOKED IT AND BATTERY STILL DRAINING. IT TAKES A FEW DAYS OF I DON'T DRIVE IT
I agree the trunk light could do it. I disconnected my hood/trunk light when my 96 was new.. the fuse pull would be next checking the amp draw with the engine off. then the alternator output wire, then the starter wire.

any alarm, aftermarket anything is the usual cause.

with a charger on the battery for a few hours then have the battery load tested could be weak cells.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Lol, I remember playing with mercury with my bare hands as a kid. Nowadays, they will shut down a school and call in the hazmat team if some ends up on the loose...
cwm2 Yup. Me too cwm6

Stripped down pre-bmx 20" bikes w/out even a seat so we could jump as many people as possible (yes. that's right. and you didn't want to be last one). If you were really lucky, you could get your hands on a Schwinn Sting-Ray. Quickly recieved playing cards in the spokes. and streamers on the handlebars.

When the one, lone street light came on, you'd best get your arse home for dinner.

Corporal punishment was in full effect. The belt in my house. Dad even let us pick out which one he'd use...and we accepted it because we knew we were misbehavin.

And yes, the thermometer you stuck in your mouth when you'd a temp was loaded w/ toxic mercury just beneath the glass.

Ah...the good ole days...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.