Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Imp has been very good until last nite comming home where every time i stepped on the clutch , the pedal would get lower and lower and now to the floor.also

im know i have a leak somewhere(no fluid in res)

i read some post saying its a factory GM fbody slave and master.

my question is what is the setup for the BBHP kits?
Does anybody have the model years or part numbers and also what would be my option for a aftermarket setup?

thank you

·
Super Moderator
6,000 Posts
You may not actually have a leak. If you can't find fluid anywhere, the level may have dropped from an air bubble working its way out. This happened to me with my car. Reverse became harder and harder to get, and eventually I could only get reverse with the car off. By the time I checked the fluid, the reservoir was dry. Air that I had initially missed when bleeding (I was starting with a dry system) had finally worked its way up, and as a result, the level dropped.

So, I refilled, and bled again. You must disconnect the slave to do this, and the pedal has to be held at its highest point to uncover the proper passages internally to allow the fluid to flow backwards. After doing this, no problems for years.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took her apart today and found the slave is leaking.

my slave is AP with a part# db07ml602a

i tried searched for it and its not a GM part number.

·
Registered
792 Posts
AP stands for AP/Lockheed. This is/was GM's supplier of master and slave cylinders (and some brake cylinders). Not sure, but I believe it was connected w/Delphi too. That number doesn't mean anything. The number you need is 12559912.

·
Super Moderator
6,000 Posts
You can replace the slave alone without replacing the whole hydraulic system. Knock out the roll pin where the braided line connects to the back of the slave, and the line comes right off. Any parts store can get you the slave for around 50 bucks. See if you can pre-fill it... that would have saved me some time...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Somewhat off topic but so far I only know of you and I with T56 Impalas in the prairie provinces. Have you seen any others in Alberta?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts