Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In exchange for work i did for a friend he is going to buy and install some headers on my car. To make things easy I wanted to get some that fit directly in and up to the stock cats without alot of modification. Just want to input on the BBK headers I didnt find anything in the search. Thanks guys.

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O I know that...just dont have the funds for thoes. I was thinking i could just go with shorties and get export pipes. The difference in power gains isnt that big of a deal to me at this point. I have a broke intake bolt so i figured i might as well through some headers on when i get it fied.

· Registered
56 Posts
I have bbk's that i bought used. i do know that with bbk's you do need to weld to connect them to the stock converters but it should be a simple cut and weld. quality is good thick flange and my coating is still there. i do think there are options that will make more power but i'm happy with mine.

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right. Well seeing that im engine is pretty much stock and goin stay liek that for a while I figure this is a good way to go. So you have them runnin through your stock cats? How do they sound?

· Registered
6,542 Posts
The BBK's will work with "stock" CATS but you need to have the elbow/flange on the front PS CAT cut off and the one that comes with the BBK's welded on. Simple cut/weld at any muffler shop.

DS bolts up to stock CAT/flange.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.