Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's good guys...? So I was dicking around under my SS yesterdays (changing oil, plugs, rotating tires, f'ing with these retarded heat shields that won't shut up) and I noticed my radiator seems to be leaking a little bit. Not enough to be alarmed, but a couple drops. Are the Be Cool radiators worth the price? I also plan to have my engine stroked to a 383...so yeah... And am i to understand that only the 9C1 Caprices came with a separate trans oil cooler?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Be Cools are works of art, Griffins are too. I have had both in the past on other vehicles.

Now, with that being said there are other low cost alternatives out there that will get the job done and be satisfactory for your future plans.

Up to you if you wanna spend that kind of cash on a rad.

And yes, the 9C1 has an external tranny cooler mounted on the driver side behind grill area, right beside the factory engine oil cooler on an SS.

Its real easy to add an external trans cooler, and in a much better location too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So there's no big advantage from going with the Be Cool Radiators?

·
Registered
10 Posts
be cool radiator

I just bought and am attempting to install but there is no oil cooler line is that necessary or can I just reroute the line ?

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Unclear about the problem. BeCool radiators have both an oil,and a trans cooler. One of the reasons they cost more than "generic" radiators of similar size. The BeCool increased my cooling system capacity by more than a gallon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I realize that after I posted .. I ordered the one without oil cooler by mistake but I found a external cooler that I am going to mount next to the power steering cooler to fix the problem .. now the issue im having is fitting the raiss heat shield on top of the monster radiator .. definately going to have to explore more.. any suggestions ?

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
BeCool

My BeCool had the same "footprint" as the stock one. So,it should fit. I suppose one could shorten the bottom feet to gain some clearance at the top. I suspect you may have the wrong radiator. Do the fans bolt on correctly? Where does the clearance issue seem to be? Do the feet line up with the rubber insulators?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
And yes, the 9C1 has an external tranny cooler mounted on the driver side behind grill area, right beside the factory engine oil cooler on an SS.

Its real easy to add an external trans cooler, and in a much better location too.

Isn't that backwards? I mean on my SS the trans lines run up the passenger side and into the black cooler shown above. My oil lines run up the driver side and into the radiator.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts