Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today me and my girlfriend were driving over to her house for some christmas dinner and as I pull up to a stop light there was some punk kid and his dad driving in a tricked out Acura Legend. Of course it had the wheels and the loud ass intake/exhaust and even a little Christmas bow on top to let everybody know what he got for Christmas! Well then he starts redlining his car at mine I guess to intimidate me or something I dunno? Well anyways our light is about to turn green, so I hold on to the jello tray that's in the back seat and then I nail it, That poor kid probabley never saw a car launch that hard in his life yet alone a big ass Fleetwood! Needless to say, his acura lost pretty bad and I bet he won't try and mess with a Caddy anytime soon! He should have asked Santa for a Fleetwood huh?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahahaha
Not a different car, but he needs to ask Daddy now for a wing and some better decals.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice kill Chris!

I was destroyed yesterday.. I pulled up next to a low and mean Dodge Magnum R/T. I didn't think anything of it, and the driver exchanged nods with me so I knew he wanted to run. It was a nice straight shot ahead, so I said why not. We took off spinning and he pulled so hard...his engine whine was easily recognizable. When I pulled to the next light his plates said "Twisted RT" and I lowered my window to talk to him. Turned out he had his 5.7 liter Hemi supercharged along with some other goodies. Man, he whooped my ass GOOD.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 1995fleetwoodss:
Have you taken the hemi before.
I haven't raced a stock RT Hemi Magnum before, but I did pull neck and neck with a stock RT Charger.. that is why I was so surprised to be beat so bad by this guy.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! Great kill Chris, start making some mods. I've opted to keep the stock wheels, but I will probably be getting bigger tires, 25515-50's I believe they are, or were they 255 60 15's?

I cant wait for that Eaton Posi 3.73's and PCM flash.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, I dont know if you know this, but I have had a run in with a 350Z v6 and a newer Nissan Altima 3.5 V6, both were top end at speeds 70-100 and both times they DID NOT pass me. Even stock around 65 nailing it with 2.63s it pulls real hard, once you get your PCM flashed instead of shifting at 85 you should go up faster then that, anyone know what the top speed is in 2nd gear with a 2.93 rear axle ratio?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice kill. i did that on some kids on a honda, my wife was wiht me so i didn't punch it but i was going to let the kid beat me adn by the time he try to shift to third he miss the gear, adn we started to laugh, we where on the black caddy the one i'm selling

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like to play with people every time I go out in the car (somehow I ALWAYS end up first in line at 2 lane redlights :D ), even though mine is bone stock and has been shifting a bit soft. Still fun...then again, I always did drag strip imitations with the "slow" '93 too.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Niiiiice! :D These boats are surprisingly perky! Bet he cried to his dad for some speed goodies!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Calc in a 5600 rpm redline, 2.93's, 235 70 15's, 7% TC slippage in 1st and 2nd, and 5% in 3rd, and 0% in 4th (TCC locked):

1-2 @ 51
2-3 @ 95
3-4 @ 158
4th top speed 227 (calc of course, TCC locked)

I have a spreadsheet that I calc all my shift points. Send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you.

Personally on my ride I dialed in shift points @ 5400 rpm over 5800 I had previously and with the smallish cam we have, the car seems faster pushing it with the torque instead of trying to rev it so high. I have 3.42's and it is odd shifting so fast in the 1-2 shift, and 2-3 seems to come up fast, but it really is better overall.

Originally posted by 2-B1G-w00ds:
Guys, I dont know if you know this, but I have had a run in with a 350Z v6 and a newer Nissan Altima 3.5 V6, both were top end at speeds 70-100 and both times they DID NOT pass me. Even stock around 65 nailing it with 2.63s it pulls real hard, once you get your PCM flashed instead of shifting at 85 you should go up faster then that, anyone know what the top speed is in 2nd gear with a 2.93 rear axle ratio?
Yes, Dodge Hemi Ram pickup, 40-100 mph. He lost.... Stone stock tune at the time, I am modified (MAFLess), tuned and large Vortec K&N now.

Originally posted by 1995fleetwoodss:
Have you taken the hemi before.
[ 12-27-2006, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: RamAirRocket ]

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I've beat one of those single cab Hemi rams in the Fleet before. I had about 1 car length on him, but thats b4 I started my mods. Us Fleetwood guys are just Bad Asses, thats what I tink!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was sorta funny, it started with a Ram 5.9L off the line (he got his rear bumper to my door) as he has a lot more traction than my traction controlled open diff axle has, then I guess the Hemi guy behind him didn't like his 5.9L brother getting whacked off the line and tried to come in for the kill, so I let him in close and then proceeded to spank....I was probably 2 car lengths at 100 mph. He backed off after that. Not sure he has a speed limiter at 98 mph like my 454 Burb does (it needs it, it has the torque to push that Burb up there in speed....), maybe that is why he backed off. But either way two Rams in one night....

Got a 05/06 Ram Cummins Diesel one day too, and he had an exhaust on it (or lack of one), and from 65-90 I took him too. He was out trying to get someone to run him. He did marginally better than the Hemi did, but I was starting my tuning by then, so I was running even faster.

I love factory 3.42's....

We won't talk about the 7.3L Excursion, at 90 mph and him passing me and I couldn't do a darn thing about it.....

Originally posted by chris joyce:
Yeah, I've beat one of those single cab Hemi rams in the Fleet before. I had about 1 car length on him, but thats b4 I started my mods. Us Fleetwood guys are just Bad Asses, thats what I tink!
[ 12-27-2006, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: RamAirRocket ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts