Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm getting rid of my baby.. It was a deal of a lifetime for me but now it's time to get rid of her.

She's a 1995 Caprice 9c1 (70,000mi) w/ s-class led side mirrors, a brand new accel distributor, 10mm Taylor wires, iridium plugs, March pulley kit, eaton posi with American eagle ring and pinion(3.73), b&m shift plus, t/b bypass, new csr electric water pump, billet grille, air pump delete, + more....

4000$ OBO

Pm me ur email for pics

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
I'm getting rid of my baby.. It was a deal of a lifetime for me but now it's time to get rid of her.

She's a 1995 Caprice 9c1 w/ s-class led side mirrors, a brand new accel distributor, 10mm Taylor wires, iridium plugs, March pulley kit, eaton posi with American eagle ring and pinion, b&m shift plus, t/b bypass, new csr waterpump + more .

It bluebooks for 6000$ with out the mods!

I'm only askin 5000$ obo.. I'm actually taking a loss but this is what happens when you have a suspended liscense, mad bills and a stagnant asset just sitting around..

Pm me ur email for pics
idk what kbb your looking at, but here is what i found

1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Sedan 4D Trade-In Value

For Sale Near La Puente
1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic
Total Listings Near La Puente:Below Blue
Book® Value*:Find a Deal
*Suggested Retail Value

Private Party Value
Kelley Blue Book Private Party Value is the amount a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than any remaining factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.

More Photos Condition Value

Excellent $2,785
Good $2,560
Fair $2,060

Private Party Value
This value assumes the vehicle has received the cosmetic and/or mechanical reconditioning needed to qualify it as "Excellent". This is not a transaction value; it is representative of a dealer's asking price and the starting point for negotiation.
Close
Poor

Severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition.
May have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body.
Branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage.
Kelley Blue Book does not attempt to report a value on a "poor" vehicle because the value of these vehicles varies greatly. A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value.
Close
Vehicle Condition Ratings

Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Good (Selected)
"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Fair
Some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. Clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. Tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.

Poor
"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value. Kelley Blue Book does not attempt to report a value on a "poor" vehicle because the value of cars in this category varies greatly.

SEARCH LOCAL LISTINGS

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok buddy

Thanks for the super long waste of space.. I'm quoting Kbb from when I got the car 2yrs ago because I hardly used the car.. It had 64000 miles on it and 2 owners when I bought it and actually should have about 68000 rite now I just round it to 70000 to be safe since the digital dash as been glitching as of late and I don't drive it daily since my suspension so I don't keep exact tabs anymore. I'm in a city where a peice of sh*t stock caprice goes for 1500$ and that could be with an L99.. I have one of the cleanest stock cars in the city with a low mileage LT1 and new 3.73 gears w/ eaton posi + mad other new parts throughout the car that I didn't feel like taking off...

Believe me I don't need the forum to sell my car.. You can't drive 2ft out here with out seeing a caprice but they don't come this clean anymore and in such great working condition.. I've been offered more than 5 grand so I'm sure once I let the streets know it's for sale (because they don't) I'm sure I will easily get 5000$ obo.. I'm not here to hustle anybody but pass off my prized possesion for the best price...

Keep the hating to yourself... It's not a bargaining tactic.. Haha

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Thanks for the super long waste of space.. I'm quoting Kbb from when I got the car 2yrs ago because I hardly used the car.. It had 64000 miles on it and 2 owners when I bought it and actually should have about 68000 rite now I just round it to 70000 to be safe since the digital dash as been glitching as of late and I don't drive it daily since my suspension so I don't keep exact tabs anymore. I'm in a city where a peice of sh*t stock caprice goes for 1500$ and that could be with an L99.. I have one of the cleanest stock cars in the city with a low mileage LT1 and new 3.73 gears w/ eaton posi + mad other new parts throughout the car that I didn't feel like taking off...

Believe me I don't need the forum to sell my car.. You can't drive 2ft out here with out seeing a caprice but they don't come this clean anymore and in such great working condition.. I've been offered more than 5 grand so I'm sure once I let the streets know it's for sale (because they don't) I'm sure I will easily get 5000$ obo.. I'm not here to hustle anybody but pass off my prized possesion for the best price...

Keep the hating to yourself... It's not a bargaining tactic.. Haha
2 years ago, it was maybe 3600...so again i dont know what book your reading...but good luck with the sell.

you might want to get some pictures of this 5k caprice.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
I guess I'm missing something here. What does book have to do with a modified car? Not like 5k is particularly outrageous. OTOH once my FWB is done I wouldn't sell it for considerably more.

Regardless, KBB has no relation to reality anyway. They price newer cars ridiculously higher than they really are and simply don't have a clue one way or the other on older cars. Black Book or maybe NADA(though I never had much luck with NADA, either).

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I've been offered more than 5 grand so I'm sure once I let the streets know it's for sale (because they don't) I'm sure I will easily get 5000$ obo.. I'm not here to hustle anybody but pass off my prized possesion for the best price...
u sure about that cuz im in the streets and if u was youd know that everybody in philly broke so u might want to use the forum to sell your car if u want value for it..post pics and if its clean as u say it will sell here quicker than it would on these streets..good luck

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
I guess I'm missing something here. What does book have to do with a modified car? Not like 5k is particularly outrageous. OTOH once my FWB is done I wouldn't sell it for considerably more.

Regardless, KBB has no relation to reality anyway. They price newer cars ridiculously higher than they really are and simply don't have a clue one way or the other on older cars. Black Book or maybe NADA(though I never had much luck with NADA, either).
i am not bashing this guy all i am saying even with modds i dont think its worth 5k....

and i dont think 5k for a caprice thats nicly modded is out of the question i paid over 5k for mine.

but he referenced kbb and kbb has our cars low as hell....i just wanted to correct that nothing else.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
i am not bashing this guy all i am saying even with modds i dont think its worth 5k....

and i dont think 5k for a caprice thats nicly modded is out of the question i paid over 5k for mine.

but he referenced kbb and kbb has our cars low as hell....i just wanted to correct that nothing else.
if the car is what he says it is i thik i coud easily go for 5

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
TI'm quoting Kbb from when I got the car 2yrs ago
2 years ago people could still borrow money and spend like there was no tomorrow, spending way beyond their means.

most people now spend the money they actually have, which puts you in a much tougher situation.

ps: your car's private party value hasn't booked for 5k for AT LEAST 7 years. i'll look in my older KBB books.

·
Registered
357 Posts
2 years ago people could still borrow money and spend like there was no tomorrow, spending way beyond their means.

most people now spend the money they actually have, which puts you in a much tougher situation.

ps: your car's private party value hasn't booked for 5k for AT LEAST 7 years. i'll look in my older KBB books.
This is a correct statement; to add i borrowed 14grand with no problems a few years ago to get a MINT low mileage 95SS and now days Capital One won't let me borrow the bucks even though my credit is great and i even paid off my loan with Capital One early early.

So money is more tight, i have two nice cars thank goodness BUT i get the itch sometimes for another low mileage SS. someone is going to have to have some cash sitting around for any used car even the SS or Caprice purchase.

Don't feel badly because its the same way on the Monte Carlo SS board, i happen to love both cars having owned them and those guys are struggling all the same with the MC SS sales.

However someone will pay your asking price on the Caprice for sale here if its all that as stated.

Good luck to everyone selling cars

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts

It's all good. I just genuinely wasn't sure what point you were going for, and my natural hate for KBB never lets a chance to bad mouth them pass by :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have no time to be a proper salesmen.. Haha

BUMP w/ new price tag.. Though I know 5k isn't too much I don't have the time to market the car and find the rite buyer so I'll take 1k off but don't kill yourself with the bargaining after I've basically done it for you...

4000$
CASHMONEY!!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
don't kill yourself with the bargaining after I've basically done it for you...

Bargaining is done when something is priced correctly based on the market value, but you wanna get even better deal. THAT is bargaining.

when you're so overpriced you'll have to wait until enough times passes to get the hint or you'll get lucky and some crack pot will come buy it cash with previous night's earnings on the corner :)

that said i'll offer $2000 pending pictures. now THAT is a bargain since the car is worth about $2200. i'm getting a $200 off at that price if you sell it. about a 10% discount.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bargaining is done when something is priced correctly based on the market value, but you wanna get even better deal. THAT is bargaining.

when you're so overpriced you'll have to wait until enough times passes to get the hint or you'll get lucky and some crack pot will come buy it cash with previous night's earnings on the corner :)

that said i'll offer $2000 pending pictures. now THAT is a bargain since the car is worth about $2200. i'm getting a $200 off at that price if you sell it. about a 10% discount.
Hahaaha...70k for 2000$!!! Hahahaa on a car with 2 owners.. Shoot yourself joker... N I take that as an insult for anybody from my city. Everybody doesn't sell crack just to make good money chump.. I ain't no sucker you can just trick into a steal. Don't even respond to the thread if your not serious. When you can afford a car that won't need a motor in 90 days holla at me. Until then shut your mouth and go by your junker for 2k

1 - 20 of 52 Posts