Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Since the beehive thread is dead, I'll add that I am and others are running yellow ls2/6 valve springs with the 787 retainers for a poor man's beehive setup. I've got over 15k on mine, 10k with 1.6 rockers, and so far they are doing just fine.
I'm close to buying the LS6 springs as well and all I need is the 787 retainers and that's it? direct swap? no other issues?
Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
/\ /\ Thanks LLOYD ELLIOT! I think i will probably go with the Bullet VS574 springs. They have better seat load and open load than the CC 918's! I thought the LS6 springs were a happy medium between price and better springs, but the bullets are even cheaper than those! How long will these springs last compared to the VS2700's?

I know i should do 1.6 RR's at the same time but i'm impatient and it will happen at a different paycheck. I really just want a little more top end power. My car really feels like a slug at high RPM's.

Hopefully someday i will have the bucks to get a heads/cam package from you Lloyd!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.