Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys im looking to get some nice component speakers in a price range $150-$300. I plan on deleting my 4 6x9s i have in the rear and going with good components and a good sub, so I can get a good 2 channel amp as well.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have infinity 6x5 in my doors and 6x9's in the deck being run by a infinity 4 channel amp along with 2 P3 rockford fosgate 12 subs with a rockford fosgate amp pdb1000 and my system SSounds good to me bruh but other bruh's will chime in and give good advice also, hopes this helps, just my 2c

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Think twice about Image Dynamics now. If you can find oldler ones BNIB, go for them. They sold to come Chinese company and I'm positive their quality will start to go down. Focal, Diamond, and Rainbow are good places to start. Check around for a set of Alpine SPX-17PROs too. They may go a tad over your $300 range, but they're nice speakers. I usually recommend Pioneer, but the TS-D1720Cs are going to be the only ones in your range. You could get their Stage 4 components, but they're well over what you want to spend. If you can find a set of TS-C720PRS components in that range or a little over, jump on 'em. They're great speakers. Check out some of the Hertz lineup and Hybrid Audio as well. Again, they may be a little more expensive, but if you want a killer front stage...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have older bostons and they're amazing even off just deck power. Look for a higher s/n ratio, 92 is pretty standard for components but 95 or even 98 are out there. Usually high power handling coils will be lower s/n but a higher s/n ratio means it takes less power to make more sound. From my searching, Boston makes the perfect blend or at least they used to a few years back.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just got a set of polk audio dxi6500.I havent had a chance to install them but have heard nothing but good things

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
when you get them installed you know what to do lol

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have now a jl audio 300/2 amp and was wondering can these components handle the amp, there called hertz hi energy hsk 165, they are are rated at 250 max and 125 rms each side. Anyone run these before? Or are there better components for the price $150?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Infinity Kappa's or if you could find them Soundstream SPL's (old school). Back when Soundstream was made in the USA, those were the chit!!:D

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Those Hertz speakers will definitely handle the amp. Infinity Kappas are only good if you want overpowering tweeters that'll make your ears bleed.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I have diamonds in my car. I love em.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The hertz will be nice. Just make sure they are not bootlegs.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
There are a bunch of bootleg Hertz speakers out there. They can be pretty hard to tell too. Don't get them from an unauthorized dealer. Try to see if someone in your area carries them.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those are nice, But I hear alot bad things about how bad kicker has gotten, But hey what do I know lol.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Find a dealer and listen to a set. Your ears are the best judge. These will handle 100 watts RMS per channel. I work at Kicker so i get to listen to all models. The tweeter has a wide dispersion for door panel mounting.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I've read decent reviews on the RS components. I haven't heard them in person, but I've wanted to try a set.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts