Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a crappy neighborhood, what is the best alarm system I should buy? Forgive all the post but Im thirsty for knowledge

·
Registered
785 Posts
yea i have a viper 5901. its a real nice alarm. it pages you when it goes off, autostart, all the bells and whistles. i have it controling my doors as well (shaved handles)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I live in a crappy neighborhood, what is the best alarm system I should buy? Forgive all the post but Im thirsty for knowledge
Viper

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
To be honest Viper, Python and Hornet are pretty much the same except for pricing and some little extra options that can usually be interchanged between them all. They are all made by the same company (DEI) so it's like a GM of alarm systems.

Note: This is only ONE level of security. You might want to look into a column lock and if it's really bad possibly shaving some locks. I've become a fast window swapper since the last 2 incidents I suffered years ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To be honest Viper, Python and Hornet are pretty much the same except for pricing and some little extra options that can usually be interchanged between them all. They are all made by the same company (DEI) so it's like a GM of alarm systems.
Correct.

Anything made by DEI is worthy of praise. 2 way paging system by Viper
has been my favorite. I've had them since 2000 and they last too.

Hidden battery kill switch is also a good idea. They have remote location one's.
There's also a fuel toggle to the fuel pump relay you can do. That should also be hidden.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
There are also good suggestions here:
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=254976

I will suggest getting some black paper and covering the VIN plate in your windshield. When my SS was stolen, the thief apparently had a set of keys (made from the VIN through the windshield) and just started it up and drove it away. I hadn't installed an alarm yet, of course, since crime in that neighborhood was to my knowledge very low.

Just sayin'; it's an extremely cheap thing to do and can only help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There are also good suggestions here:
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=254976

I will suggest getting some black paper and covering the VIN plate in your windshield. When my SS was stolen, the thief apparently had a set of keys (made from the VIN through the windshield) and just started it up and drove it away. I hadn't installed an alarm yet, of course, since crime in that neighborhood was to my knowledge very low.

Just sayin'; it's an extremely cheap thing to do and can only help.
wow!! great tip!

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its depends on you that how much you can pay and how much security you want.But i think the viper is best for your vehicle security.And i am also using that for my car.And its also have an affordable price that you can easily pay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts