Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ceramic is great if you don't like cleaning the wheels and sides of the body (black shows EVERYTHING!). If you are defining "best" by stopping performance, put the ceramics back in the box and get carbon metallics.

Note: They WILL be messy and noisy.

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
There are also "brake dust repellent" products available from different sources that work pretty well. I got a bottle from the Dodge Dealer that they sell for their wheels, works pretty well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have never liked the feel of the some of the high performance ceramic pads. They tend to require more pedal pressure, especially when they are cold. I have also had a few sets that were squeaky when cold on different cars. Most of the manufactures have different blends of ceramic that are in the pads. You can have very low dust pads but will most likely have a slight trade off in terms of everyday performance (even though they tend to outperform lesser pads when they get hot).

I have tried the EBC pads and the Hawk pads and have liked the Hawk pads much more. Depending on how you drive, the higher end Raybestos pads work well if you are not pushing the car too hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.