Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What company makes a good lowering spring for a decent price, I am looking to drop it 2-3inches. Any help will be appreciated.

cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Eibach makes a good lowering spring. You can get a set of 4 for about $200 on sale.

I think you want the Impala SS lowering springs and not the Caprice lower springs. This will get you closer to the drop you are looking for.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hotchkis also make a real accurate set of springs that lower a SS 1.3" in the front & 1" in the rear. They also come with new bump stops.

Eibach is a good spring but, they are real inaccurate on the amount of lowering. You could get a set that might lower it 1" or you could get a set that would lower it 2+"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got DJMs 2" up front and 3" in the rear to get rid of the rake the car has. Handling is awsome. No need for expensive sway bars. The car sits right at the tire up front and the rear sits about 1/2 inch below the tire. It will give your car a great look.
Dont waste you money on a 1" to 1 1/2" drop. If you want to do that just find some used SS springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Travis Lewis:
I got DJMs 2" up front and 3" in the rear to get rid of the rake the car has. Handling is awsome. No need for expensive sway bars. The car sits right at the tire up front and the rear sits about 1/2 inch below the tire. It will give your car a great look.
Dont waste you money on a 1" to 1 1/2" drop. If you want to do that just find some used SS springs.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Travis, how's the ride? Do the tires rub at all?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BC9C1, where about in BC are you? I have used the Eibach springs with great results. I now use a lower rear spring to drop the back a little more. I have spare set of Eibachs i may sell if you need them.
I am located in the Vancouver area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gkafer:

I am very interested in your Eibach springs, I am in Surrey.. how much are you looking to get for them??? And what is the lowering spec of the springs?

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I picked up a set of Suspension Technique lowering springs following some pictures I saw on this digest. I bought mine through JC Whitney and I think I paid $79/set (need fronts and rear sets). So about $160/complete.

I haven't had an opportunity to install them yet, and I'm hoping to do so in the Spring.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Erik, unless if some one convinces me otherwise I think I'll go with the H&R's, they just seem to make sense to me... Hey, I finally ran into a smat Road BeaSSt owner, came into my store, talked about guns and such, I asked him how he liked the car and all he said was "it has the LT-1 Corvette motor in it", I kinda chuckled and said "yep, I've got a squad with the same thing". Not too many people around here know about the 9C1 and it's nice to find a retired guy driving a Road BeaSSt because of the LT-1. Who'd have guessed???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.