Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got back from a trip last week in the '96 Fleetwood Brougham. She turned in her best mileage ever at 19.36 mpg, documented and with no fudging anywhere. I cannot help but wonder if it was the cheap Georgia gas at the Kingsland, GA station.

With the 3.73 Eaton Posi rear and the performance transmission & PCM program it lives up to its tag "LUVZ GAS" most of the time. The 190.3 miles on the trip meter and the 9.8 gallons to fill the tank included Interstate, country back roads, power passes and stop & go town traffic. I was not trying for mileage as it was the last leg of the trip.

These cars can be surprising sometimes. It is time to sell her!

Richard Snipes
45021 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
With 2.56's, my old '96 got a best of 24.5 mpg through the Ozarks. I get the feeling it would have done even better on flat ground, since it couldn't climb any moderate grade without downshifting.

Sadly, 2.56's << 3.73's in the fun department.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Please let me know if you do decide to sell her..... ;)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, Elias...

Good to hear from you. I'll keep you posted. Just got a set of perfect '96 front doors for the '94 and have a hardtop rear glass, complete, in case I want to hardtop the '94. The sun roof keeps that from ever happening to the '96.

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I am glad it is in such good hands. Both cars are fantastic, it would be hard to pick which one to keep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts